People that turn their bike up sidedown to fix things.

Acceptable?

• Yes. What's the problem?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It's unforgivable.

• People can do what they like to their own bikes.

• Total voters
Ageing BMXer always turn em upside down !

I do have a padded yoga mat I bought specifically for this purpose
so:

A - I am sensible
B- I am very sad

...and C as mentioned in previous post I also have a special hair
dryer in my tool kit....

In previous less enlightened times, just flip it over and to hell with the consequences...

Now, if it's at home, the worst is the rear wheel lift stand holder thingy wotsit, but preferably the lovely & proper Park work-stand, but have useful cutoffs of karrimat if all else fails.

If out on a ride a flip is required, much checking for "forgiving surface" prior to the flip.

Turning bikes upside down

I've no issue with flipping a retro bike upside down, although being a bit precious I generally stuff my gortex or some such under the bars. Come to think of it though, I flipped my modern rig upside down a couple of weeks ago for a "temporary storage solution" and came back 20 mins later to find a little pool of oil glistening up at me from the living room floor, so maybe there is something in it. Need to replace those seals too, actually...

If anyone is feeling a bit fragile about flipping a bike upside down for some ad hoc trail maintenance, I suggest they head down to Innerleithen / Cwm Carn, or their nearest uplift some Saturday afternoon.... until you've witnessed a 16 stone downhiller smash the axel out of a £1,500 set of forks with a rock (bike sliding across the ground upside down with each rock strike), then you're not really qualified to discuss bike abuse :D

Middle of a race, need a quick repair to get on the go again, upside down it goes. At home lots of time to fiddle around, never.

There is a simple answer to why people did it BITD - it was a conspiracy to force the price of mint / unmarked* XT thumbs through the roof :? :LOL: and the habit has stuck :LOL:

WD :D

* : definition of mint / unmarked = mint / unmarked i.e. Not mint / unmarked but there are a few scratches and one of the badges has a bit of water damage on the edge ... :LOL:

Argos excercise mat £6,
also good to lie on if you need to get under the car.

31-9283419A75UC936475M.jpg

Mine has been upside down three times in the last seven days.

Twice I was still clipped into it!

Once for a puncture, rather have the saddle in the muck than my rear mech and chain. I have bar ends.

Back