People that turn their bike up sidedown to fix things.

Acceptable?

• Yes. What's the problem?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It's unforgivable.

• People can do what they like to their own bikes.

• Total voters
No problem what so ever, if you are careful what's the problem.

I have never had a work stand so do this all the time, I do however have an off cut of carpet I keep in the car for assembling bikes once I get to the hills, and do most of my maintenace on the very cushy lino in the kitchen.

Would I like a nice big workstand? Yes.

Have I ever got nothing better to spend £100 on? Not yet!

;)

Rampage":2hj3y23c said:
you'd get a dirty look and would never be allowed to borrow any of my bikes :p

cheaper bikes (like most of mine have been).

Wouldn't wanna borrow a cheap bike! ;)

Please do take this in the spirit it was intended, tone of voice does not translate onto the computer screen, and the tone of voice I have in mine is a sort of mock playground Nar Nar nah Nar Nar but joking type of thing... :D

I think your sig has slipped through the sig cropping net rampage.... :LOL:

bike upside down is the easiest way.....especially if there are no trees :LOL:

Still not forgiven a freind of mine putting my bike upside down whilst tinkering, resulting in scratches to my hope levers

Carbon bars...
XTR shifters...
Hope Stem...
Lovely anodised release lever for the dropper seatpost...
Beautiful leather saddle...

NONE of these deserve to be upside down and risk getting damaged.

Suppose its OK if your bike isn't as expensive as mine though.

**decides what 'emoticon' to insert to make sure people know I'm joking**

**I'm not joking**

Anyway, bikes were designed to work the right way up. What makes you think that trying to adjust them upside down is a good idea?

If God had meant for bikes to be upside down, she wouldn't have invented the wheel.

I generally leave the science bit to hair product companies (of which I have very little need) but I believe that gravity just keeps bikes stuck to the ground and isn't particularly bothered which way up they are.

Russell":chlq0bbs said:
I generally leave the science bit to hair product companies (of which I have very little need) but I believe that gravity just keeps bikes stuck to the ground and isn't particularly bothered which way up they are.

Oh contrare.

Gravity does mind. It hates to see bikes the right way up, it prefers them on their sides. ;)

Back