Peak Cheapness?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Have used bikes hit an all time low?

Right now, with winter pricing, it seems buttons is the cost of middling kit. Will that change? Have bikes gone the way of most tech?

Seems if it is not 'gravel', it just doesn't fit the 'needs' of the market.

Time to grab that quiver full of bikes you always fancied?

Have used bikes hit an all time low?

Right now, with winter pricing, it seems buttons is the cost of middling kit. Will that change? Have bikes gone the way of most tech?

Seems if it is not 'gravel', it just doesn't fit the 'needs' of the market.

Time to grab that quiver full of bikes you always fancied?
Nope, you'll know when it's rock bottom because I'll sell something. You can tell when it's at a high to buy watching if I'm buying.

There's still a few more dregs at the bottom before parts become easier to chuck than tomorrow sell.

The bike industry has had a major transitioning with new tech in the last 6 years or so. Discs have become the norm on all bikes that didn't normally have discs brakes. People seem to have upgraded en-mass, got new bikes, post-covid boom, bike 2work schemes, emptying sheds to generate money in the cost of living crisis etc & now the used market is flooded. Good for buyers but hard work if you need to sell.

Even many rare and desirable bikes have had to have a massive price re-adjustment if the seller is genuinely serious to offload something.

While there are still mountains of inventory of both new and used bikes I think things are going to be cheap and even cheaper for a good few years to come. Seen many posts talking about "Bargain" of late, but suspect time will tell if they really are a bargain at the moment of a future re-sell.

A much wider escalation of the current war in the middle east could lead to gas prices rising to well above the 100 dollars a barel mark with possible fuel shortages if this drags longer than 3 - 4 months.

This is one possible scenario in the near to short term that might seee bike prices (regardless of whether they are retro or not) increasing.

Still though, if I had to chose I would take peace in that region than better bike prices any single day...:rolleyes:

Back