Paris Olympics

I find it amusing(or saddening) that many of the disciplines that do well get less in the way of funding than many of the more popular sports.

It must be hard for daily mail readers to congratulate the cycling teams on their successes, when throughout the year they're reading stories demonizing cyclists and making disparaging comments about them.
I’m expecting to hear a a few pops as some of there readers implode after seeing TP featured on the front page, especially as we had other gold medalists from yesterday who could have been featured. IMG_1321.jpeg

Triathlon cancelled due to pollution. I think there is a plan B regarding water and worst case will have to be a biathlon. Who in their right mind ever thought the river was a good idea to consider was a fool. That hugely expensive water treatment thing is pretty much the modern equivalent of the Maginot Line. The sh!t just goes around it!

Triathlon cancelled due to pollution. I think there is a plan B regarding water and worst case will have to be a biathlon. Who in their right mind ever thought the river was a good idea to consider was a fool. That hugely expensive water treatment thing is pretty much the modern equivalent of the Maginot Line. The sh!t just goes around it!

1722335326830.png

An absolute never ending saga and a centuries old problem.

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-show...-can-the-seine-be-ready-for-the-2024-olympics

Duathlon . . . Biathlon is ski-ing and target shooting. Which, when you think about it, would be pretty cool in central Paris

Given that public swimming in the Seine has been banned for ten years, I think their plans were rather optimistic. Got to feel sorry for the athletes as it would have been pretty cool, but I suspect they'd rather have delays than a bout of e-coli.

Gallic shrugs all round, non?

They weren’t fools. Definitely not in Seine.

Don't worry folks, the Americans have come to the rescue and offered the moat round the Disney castle. Obviously with suitablen sponsorship though.

So, brought to by Disney, the triathlon will now be the snow white and the 3 exercises event.

Given that public swimming in the Seine has been banned for ten years, I think their plans were rather optimistic. Got to feel sorry for the athletes as it would have been pretty cool, but I suspect they'd rather have delays than a bout of e-coli.

Gallic shrugs all round, non?

You may be a little bit incey wincey just a mild bit off with ten years. By about 90 years. Officially, it was 1923 ;)

1722372840461.png

In fairness, the velo was around back then, but no nutter decided to do a triathlon :D

Watched the mens canoe C1 final. Really enjoyed that!

Turns out Peaty was full of covid which knocked him back. Kind of weird final as it was really slow by everyone.

BMX freestyle finals tomorrow. We didnt watch the qualifying today so dont know what the layout is like. The tricks they do are mind boggling and you need some guts to pull them off.

Missed the gymnastics team finals. I am hoping to see some bonkers stuff from Biles again. Heard she was limping the other day though!?

Am gagging for the track cycling now.

Back