Paris Olympics

A very worthy winner in the womens mtb. So happy for her :) . Have read that Lecomte is ok and damage limited to black eyes and some grazes on her face. Knocked herself out good and proper! . There was an injury amongst the TT fallers, as it turns out. Luke Plapp needed some kind of abdominal surgery last night, but he is alright.

It is going to be a hot one for the mens mtb tomorrow. About 5 degrees more than today. Tuesday is going to be a scorcher with mid 30's.

We watched the Murray and Evans doubles tennis against the japanese pair. That was hard fought and edge of the seat stuff. Worth a watch if you like tennis.

The skateboard competitors bus crashed as it transported them to the arena. So they all got off and skated there instead. 🤣

Now that is a good one. I saw a funny goof today, or read about one, but now i can't remember what it was. I will have a look around and see if i can find it.

Pidcock is a machine - what a watch, and very happy the BBC showed it.

That course though leaves a lot to be desired, and he was quite critical in the lead up (among many others)

What a race! Personally; i thought the course was really good. Fast and flowing and going up and down in steps and not just one long switchback up and the same again down. It was more of an allrounders course which is maybe why it was so close between several riders for so many laps.

Last lap was something else.

Have read that Lecomte is ok and damage limited to black eyes and some grazes on her face. Knocked herself out good and proper!
That was a scary looking crash. She just went splat and didn’t move for a few seconds till they cut away and didn’t mention her again. Glad she’s ok.

I find it amusing(or saddening) that many of the disciplines that do well get less in the way of funding than many of the more popular sports.

It must be hard for daily mail readers to congratulate the cycling teams on their successes, when throughout the year they're reading stories demonizing cyclists and making disparaging comments about them.

Back