Paris Olympics

It sure was. We watched it and i said to mrs FO that if it stalls when they all come together that she would be off like a rocket. It is her strength and she would have absolutely lost out to two(three really) sprinters. Those finishing circuit laps were top drawer.

Just read some reports, including this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/cy...omens-road-race-at-paris-olympics/ar-AA1odxZp

What a fantastic story. Paris, including Montmartre can be surprisingly very tough. While many of the big Boulevards look flat, the only really flat ones are close to the river banks. Champs Elysee for example is a very deceptive slog going up.

Track starts today. I think the atmosphere in the velodrome is going to be good. Lots of cheering and singing like London 2012 i reckon. The main medal contenders are all from nations that are close to the venue so lots of support in the stands.

Cool. Gave me a perfect excuse to shelve pissing in the wind for trying to sort out building two bikes.

I'm actually a bit disappointed at some of the highlights shown by the media on the national tele here. If it doesn't concern a French medal winner it doesn't get shown. Not cool, and I pointed out this national fervour early on which get's my back up a little. I just get a snippet and an information foot note in most cases. Would prefer things being all equal and just reporting rather than hunting tele spectators.

When the media jump on something, then I hear about it for three days, and it's a bore fest considering the tight packed Olympic agenda.

I have understood coverage is expensive and rights are expensive, and even the Equipe sports channel mainly shows just photographs with a bore fest discussion analysis. Oh have times changed.

A good point though was made concerning the road racing and triathlon cycling - nobody had to buy a ticket to watch it, and once again, the debate happened, but once again the debate ended with the pure fact the racing goes on on public roads which the tax contributor people have already paid for. Funny when the analysts started to rack there heads that essentially, cycling and marathon running too is essentially a free spectator sport too.

Velodrome / track is obviously different. Looking forward to that. There's not a single track discipline which I don't like.

I watched the fencing (sword fight, not erecting) and what and environment. USA vs France. Blimey.

So fast that video reply is must in the decision process. Loved the multitude of camera angles.

The sportsmanship between adversaries I thought was remarkable too, considering it's faceless when then actually do battle.

all of them. Its a very fast track.

It was ace to watch. First it was setting olympic records as it is the first time for 3 riders and then BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! and the world record kept on getting beaten.

Looking at the track i think it has been freshly sanded, or even re-boarded, but haven't read that had happened. It looks very pristine compared to the last time i saw it with stains all over the place. It didn't seem to be getting alot of love and i think they had a roof leak at some point.
The mens team sprint record should go and the mens pursuit when two teams are rattling around. The flying 200m might, which would be a bit bonkers.

It was ace to watch. First it was setting olympic records as it is the first time for 3 riders and then BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! and the world record kept on getting beaten.

Looking at the track i think it has been freshly sanded, or even re-boarded, but haven't read that had happened. It looks very pristine compared to the last time i saw it with stains all over the place. It didn't seem to be getting alot of love and i think they had a roof leak at some point.
The mens team sprint record should go and the mens pursuit when two teams are rattling around. The flying 200m might, which would be a bit bonkers.
I'd be shocked if they haven't resurfaced it.

When manchester hosted the commonwealth the track went from a rickety bloodstained pile of floor boards to one of the best in the world. 🤣

Back