Panaracer smoke and dart 2.1 skinwalls nos boxed- sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbee":2wyqodph said:
What are skinwalls? I have a brand new, unused 1999 Smoke and Dart in the loft.

The sidewalls are amber or 'skin' coloured as opposed to an all black tyre as modern ones tend to be.......

benbonty":19000t1g said:
cbee":19000t1g said:
What are skinwalls? I have a brand new, unused 1999 Smoke and Dart in the loft.

The sidewalls are amber or 'skin' coloured as opposed to an all black tyre as modern ones tend to be.......

Thank you for your reply, I know the ones you mean.

cornholio's RC200":18fj4njm said:
chiswickcollectables":18fj4njm said:
The death of our lovely little hobby has begun :(

+1

Not wanting to quote high school economics, but this is in part symptomatic of the growing 'interest in' and 'membership of' this great site. The demand for 'stuff' inevitably increases (exponentially in some cases) as newbies find the for sale section. NOS stuff is also by definition finite in supply and infact will reduce over time (especially if you go and actually use the stuff - god forbid!) . Either way both cause prices to rise.

Would i pay over £150 for a pair of tyres....probably not. Am I surprised...definitely not. Our "lovely little hobby" is indeed iatrogenic. [That is an illness caused by a doctor if you cant be @rsed to look it up :D ]

Antstark":1opjp5tk said:
cornholio's RC200":1opjp5tk said:
chiswickcollectables":1opjp5tk said:
The death of our lovely little hobby has begun :(

+1

Not wanting to quote high school economics, but this is in part symptomatic of the growing 'interest in' and 'membership of' this great site. The demand for 'stuff' inevitably increases (exponentially in some cases) as newbies find the for sale section. NOS stuff is also by definition finite in supply and infact will reduce over time (especially if you go and actually use the stuff - god forbid!) . Either way both cause prices to rise.

Would i pay over £150 for a pair of tyres....probably not. Am I surprised...definitely not. Our "lovely little hobby" is indeed iatrogenic. [That is an illness caused by a doctor if you cant be @rsed to look it up :D ]

I totally take your point and completely agree with you but I know for a fact that this exact pair of tyres was bought from this forum about six months ago for £100. If those same tyres went for the asking price quoted here then that represents an increase of about 12% a month which IMO has nothing to do with economics and everything to do with greed.... and I happen to think that's a real shame.... :cry:

But I guess why should it be an issue, greed is a natural human trait; it just rarely features on Retrobike. Personally when I sell stuff on here I am rarely concerned with making a profit and more concerned with fellow-human getting good deal... if I think about pricing something high to make a profit I genuinely feel bad, and I really mean that! Maybe I need to wise up and be less of [think of another word for a cat] about it ;)

!?!!

As I said apologises- seems I stuck my for sale thread foot
Into the bees nest mtb chat thread couldron.
Anyway FYI I bought a pair nos onza porcs
From the u.s. recently for almost the same money
Hence the valuation.
You guys can call me all the names but
Moving forward an option came available to
Sell a rare commodity and i took it.
Not about greed about economics.
I managed to sell a Klein manual
Last year on eBay for £250-auction price
It's about about giving opportunities for
Fellow riderS to purchase bike history not greed.
Who's to say what a product is worth- £100 for example)
These tyres were probably £80? A pair in the 90's

Peace please

i don't think its fair to say its greed to make as much profit as you can, at the end of the day if the demand is great enough the money will reflect it,
i have a pair of these on my rc100, i know i could sell them for loads but they belong on the bike, and they will be ridden,

fair play to the seller.

And no one was forced into paying the price. Personally he could have sold them for £200.

Yes but was they the original smoke and dart older style tread pattern :D or the newer ones after more modern smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back