Pace RC500 DH project. 1st pictures added!

neilll":2a5991ir said:
Dude that's awesome :shock: :shock: :shock:

can't wait to see it done.

original 'D.P.D' pic just for the record >>>>

rc500.jpeg

That's awesome, had that very pic on the cover of my english file at school! Was D.P.D. Dave's Purple Descender?

Oh this brings back some memories...

..... I bought the black one above, which managed to snap in two on my first outting ha ha.

Pace were real arses about getting a replacement part for it, which destroy's the legend I heard about excellent customer service.

@ Jerky:

Good luck - I wanted to build mine up to it's original spec, so I'll be keeping an eye on yours!

Ali

Funnily enough I have just posted on the back end of your southerndownhill forum thread.

:)

Was yours a cut and shut as the seattube is obviously different and from what I can work out from the few pics I have seen, the welds around it look different?

How exactly did yours die, any chance of a repair? I saw you were after a CAD person at one stage...I can help you there ;)

aye, go for the karma claim, its all yours :)

To be honest I was first made aware of this frame from a post in shop watch probably best part of 2 years ago, however it was stated at the time that the shop were not keen on selling it at any price.

The announcement that it would be available for £600, made me go and investigate. The silly thing is when I arrived they said they wanted £1k for it, so I had a little haggle and we met on the previously stated price...cant blame them for trying :p

Back