pace rc36 susp fork (gold stantions)

konamad

Senior Retro Guru
mint cond PACE RC36 suspension fork (GOLD STANTIONS) 1"1/8 a/head
long steerer
THE FLASH HAS REFLECTED OFF THE CARBON LEGS - THEY ARE NOT BLEMISHED OR MARKED AT ALL!

£135 POSTED ONO

AZONIC A.R.C black ahead stem 125 mm 15deg rise MINT £15 posted

cheers

Attachments

• kona kilauea 018.jpg
    kona kilauea 018.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 773
  • kona kilauea 016.jpg
    kona kilauea 016.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 773
  • kona kilauea 015.jpg
    kona kilauea 015.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 773
  • kona kilauea 019.jpg
    kona kilauea 019.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 761
Would that fork fit a 91 Kona Explosif?
Sorry not up on what fits and what doesn't.
Any pics?
Cheers,
John.

I wouldnt recomend it, the travel would be too long. for a bike of that age you need to be looking at much earlier forks. Probably around 40mm travel. Otherwise you will screw the geometry.

Also worth checking if you need a 1" or 1 1/8th"

Cheers for that. Need as much help as I can get.
What forks would you recommend I should look out for and what spec steerer etc is req'd?

Johnny there's some Rock shox RS1s on ebay that would probably suit pretty well, they weren't at very high bids last time I was on there.

think they sold last night to Chris on here.

Johny, first off you need to identify what forks you need. 1" or 1& 1/8th" I would guess that it would be the latter but you will need to either measure your existing steerer, or wait for some one with better knowledge of the 91 range to confirm.

Unless its been modified with an ahead stem you will most likely need a threaded steerer, easy way to check is your headset a kona impact headset (if it is it will say on it) or otherwise does it have a large nut to tighten the forks to the frame.

If it isnt as described above and the stem clamps directly to the fork steerer you will need a threadless steerer.

Going on the edge it is more likely to hbe threaded. What you need to do then is get the length of steerer you require. this is important to make sure the steerer is long enough to pass through the frame and not so long that the top of the steerer sticks out too far above the headset.

Easy way to do this is measure from the top of your current fork crown/ bottom of the lower headset cup assembly to the top of the upper headset assembly /nut.

With this info you can then get a fork and be sure it will fit.

Travel wise i think your best off at looking at something at the lower end of the market so as to be sure you dont arse the geometry up. Try and look for forks that are roughly period correct to your frame, that should assist with meeting most your criteria above.

If a moderator wants to split off these last few posts into a new thread im sure no one would mind.

Sorry for the HUGE thread diversion KonaMad, good luck with the sale.

Back