pace RC100 crank

mustamusta

Retro Guru
New to this site, just researching parts on google got me here. hope there is an answer somewhere out there:).
I have a pace rc100 that requires a replacement non drive side crank arm. it is the one that came with the bike as new. can any one let me know if they have come accross this problem before and where to find a suitable solution. I have been stranded with it in this situation for 3 and a half years and need to ether make it rideable or make space for another project. as i want to build it as a single speed mtb. even tho i have a track bike at the mooment, but looking for a relaxed ride on sunny evenings, comes Summer 2008. so got time to bring the bike back to life, as All the standard parts that came with it are still in place and might consider use it as geared bike again. another thing is I need to replace to carbon Titanium forks with somthing modern, but the 1inch steerer is limiting options to rigid forks. can any one suggest a suspension fork with 1inch steerer to go in it. other than kidd's forks.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi,
Welcome :LOL:
If you can post a pic of the crank arms then we'll tell you what if is then we can go from there...
Regarding forks Im not sure whats out there these days with a 1" steerer?The only solution is to go with Manitou/Rock shox/Pace retro style with a 1" steerer or at least one where it can be exchanged for the size you want.
Regards

also bare in mind that your frame will not have been designed for modern long travel forks. And using it with a pair risks fluffing up the ride and possible damage to the frame over time.

You can still find RC35/36 in 1" flavour and they shouldn't throw the geometry out too much.

Fantastic frame that - always fancied one

Welcome to the forum. Show us yer bike!

oh, and on the crank, I think they were bought as frames only so I don't think there's a true "original". For the age and bike it was probably a Deore XT chainset - there should be a model number on the "inside" of the crank.

If not, a picture on here and one of the shiny-bits fiends will tell you the model number (and probably the weight!)

If all else fails, you could pick up a used XT chainset for around £20-£30 from that era

Weren't they bullseye cranks and bottom bracket on the RC100's? Or was it just the complete ones that could be bought.

Ed

Didn't early Pace come will 'Bullseye' cranks?. Sorry know very little about Pace. Weren't the cranks yellow? Pictures would be nice :D

Hello by the way :D

pacerc300 is correct - careful hunting should find you a replacement (perhaps not dayglo yellow mind - but soon corrected at a powdercoaters)
rc100s were full bikes, the frame only option became the rc200f1

Back