Pace RC100 advice

alexb

Dirt Disciple
I have an old, much loved, but sadly neglected RC100 sitting in my loft. The bike is 99% complete. It's missing a period rear mech, but is other wise pretty good. what stops me riding it is that the Bullseye cranks have cracked at the pinch bolt. This is a common problem I understand.

I doubt it's possible to get replacement cranks, or has anyone found a stash? I doubt they can be repaired (I'd love to be put right there), so is there a way to fit a hollowtech crank into the BB shell?

Failing that, I'd be tempted to put the whole lot up here for sale.

Bullseye cranks are available via american ebay normally,they sometimes have a bmx/american style alloy spider fitted to them but justbackdated on this forum can supply correct pace spiders,keeplooking mate,they do crop up ;)

I either may be able to help in the supply of bullseyes or would be keen on buying your RC100 if its a more suitable size than my 20" one. (sadly too big for me...you dont wanna swap do you?)

I had a similar problem when I owned my RC100.

I took it to a friend who worked at Rolls Royce aero engines (Bristol) He just TIG welded it back together again. When he finished you could barely see the new weld and it was fine for the 2 remaining years that I owned the bike.

Just have a look for coded TIG welders in your area, someone should be able to sort it out for you.

Back