Pace forks for Klein Attitude

BadAttitude

Retro Newbie
Hi - trying to put together a 90s Klein Attitude for some South Downs and Yorks Dales MTBing. Had some 80mm travel Judy SLs on my old Attitude, now sadly deceased (car pulled out on me), and they worked well but fancy something home grown. I'm thinking Pace RC36s. Good idea / bad idea / any thoughts?

Original suspension forks for Klein have a Klein specific steerer, so if you want to install something new you will need an adapter (Reset).

Personally, I'd go for some colour matched Rock Shox.

Klein-Attitude-bars-hi.jpg

thanks v much. yeah, i know what u mean - gonna try to get one of the frames with a 1 1/8 steerer tube, like i had on my 97 attitude which was post trek but before trek had the chance to interfere with the frame. there aren't many out there though. if i do go for an earlier frame, are the adaptors easy to come by?

that looks awesome but i'd be scared to take it out in case it got chipped or scratched - have had some mag 21s in my time, on a black gt tequesta, must have been 94, really liked them but the bike got nicked. think i want something with a little more travel and a bit stiffer

remember when i got my attitude new in 97 i could have gone for a top end pulse but stumped up a few hundred pounds extra for the better frame. can't remember what the difference was now though... and it was a black karakoram with mag 21s not a tequesta, looked brilliant

Back