Orange Team Riders, anyone know?

Re:

Caroline Alexander did ride Orange bikes, but as part of the Louis Garneau team, as mentioned above.

Re:

Hi all.

Just got myself a copy of the MBUK summer special 1990.

In there is a 20+ bike group test review. One of those bikes is an Orange Formula. It mentions that it is on loan from Orange Team rider Tim Wilson.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• orange formula review.jpg
    orange formula review.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 161
Re:

Hi all.

Just got myself a copy of the MBUK summer special 1990.

In there is a 20+ bike group test review. One of those bikes is an Orange Formula. It mentions that it is on loan from Orange Team rider Tim Wilson.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
Brilliant. My mate had one, I only rode it once but it felt very special and was incredibly light (and fragile) to ride. Are there any left in existence?

The sponsorship deals changed over the seasons, from memory, didnt Sally and Isla race under the Zinn/Trailerbikes flag as well as others..?

What i liked about Orange was simply the Kit, i cant imagine the kit was the first thought when building the brand, but the Orange and white along with the kit was everywhere, or it always seemed so, Privateer racers and Pro riders in a field of sometimes hundreds all waiting for the gun to go off, the scramble, and then the long line of XC racers stretching for miles in the distance, as far as the eye can see.

I've commented so many times on different threads, that it gave the impression of the "dominating force", and it really did, intentional marketing or not, with sponsored riders as well as privateer racers all wearing it, it was quite a sight to behold.

It certainly did the trick, and inevitably left a lasting impression. How many UK brands are now left.....? A brand that certainly won the hearts and minds of many, for sure.
There were a lot of sponsors back in 89/90/91....Bolle glasses, Etto helmets (which riders tried to avoid wearing!), Converse (massive bag of clothes, some very nice), Suntour, some obscure sunglasses mfr.......

Latest posts

Back