Orange Prestige

paulwakinshaw

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yeah agree would have thought £65 seems fairer, mine was about that price but I had to treat it with krust and waxoil to keep it from rusting.

I've thought about it but the fact he states it rattles when you shake it scares me off. Bet it's rust as these are prone to it. :(

made an offer......

lets see what happens. I love that fade colour sooooo much.

If it's a bit fragile i'm sure Bob Jackson or Argos can put it right...?

brocklanders023":19mhlqnz said:
I've thought about it but the fact he states it rattles when you shake it scares me off. Bet it's rust as these are prone to it. :(

think it is a bit of a myth that these are more prone to rust, light tubes but very similar to other lightweight prestige frame-sets that don't seem to be tarred with this rust-brush.

pretige

i think it just depends on how they have been treated over there life,mine is 17 years old and has been well looked after but seems very clean inside :D

clockworkgazz":3pek40fd said:
brocklanders023":3pek40fd said:

think it is a bit of a myth that these are more prone to rust, light tubes but very similar to other lightweight prestige frame-sets that don't seem to be tarred with this rust-brush.

Know what you mean Gaz but I had an Orange that rattled and if you spun it round bits of rust fell out of the bb shell. Might be ok but he's asking top money for a frame that 'might' be on the way out. I'd take a punt at around £30 but I don't think he'll sell for that low.

my prestige is older than this one and rattles like buggery, paints knackered too

clockwork and P7 are clean n quiet.

like you say, guess it's how you (or the previous owner) treats them.

I hear you Brockdude, mind you- some of the stuff in the tubes could be small bits of metal from the welding process (sorry not very technical :oops: ) rather than rust but if it has not been cared for then it will suffer :(

Back