Orange P7 (1996) - Completely Original Spec (even the tyres)

hOW TALL ARE YOU MATE?
iM IN THE MARKET FOR A BIKE BUT THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY AROUND IN A LARGE SIZE.
iM 6'2: BUT NIOT TOO SURE HOW ORANGE SIZE THEIR BIKES?
cHEERS,
rOB.

Apologies Rob, Didn't see a mail come through.

I am nearly 6ft tall and in fairness the ideal size Orange for me would be a tad smaller than the 19" (maybe around 18"). I ride this bike fine but it may be ok for you also.

Regards Callum

Raymond - your the man (I'm not) your on the money with the Ritchey tyres. I must have had Bontranger on the Brain!!

A couple more shots of the Kona for all appreciators out there.

Attachments

• Image23a.jpg
    Image23a.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 741
I did notice the cable crossover. Not too sure what that is about? It is how the bike came in 96 as the cables have not been removed or replaced, unless my wife has sussed out how to maintain a bike.... no chance of that!

:D

cross over cables are usually done to prevent the cables vibrating against the down tube

not to bad on steel but my cannondale used to tingle all the way down the road until i crossed them

lovely bikes btw.

kase1983":3sqdtdmm said:
cross over cables are usually done to prevent the cables vibrating against the down tube

not to bad on steel but my cannondale used to tingle all the way down the road until i crossed them

lovely bikes btw.

It also makes sense to cross them in order to get smoother cable runs from the shifters to the first set of cable stops at the top of the down tube - ie front mech cable routed to right hand side of head tube & rear mech cable routed to left side, & cables crossed on their way down to the bb...

Back