Orange p7 1995

Pabelmatador

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi retrobikers wondering anyone know the size of the pace forks in my bike looking to upgrade to disc brake forks but no sure what size to get look at my profile for the pics. Thanks ...

You'll be after the 1" variant of Pace fork, steerer length dependent on frame size.

Steerers on Pace forks are replaceable so no worries there. However the earlier forks, which would be period correct for your P7, are only compatible with one type of Hope disc brake via the use of retro fit "half caliper".

If you choose to get some later forks with the disc mount they will have too much travel and adversely effect the handling of your P7, and make it look super gay!

Anyhoo hope my ramblings help

Jim

Ps justbackdated is the Pace man on this forum

Not very easily. Seem to remember a mount that uses the canti boss and some unsightly metal rod to fashion a caliper mount, looked pants by the way!!

After that you're heading down the "get a frame builder to braze one on" route. Personally I wouldn't do it, leave the Orange alone and get a modern bike if you desire discs and really bouncy forks.

Laters Jim

Back