Orange O2 drop bar

Loving this build - so much detail - and the O2 IMHO is an under-rated frame.

Thank you. I am liking yours too :)

It is a good frame and rides very well. It is far from feeling like a dead lump of aluminium on wheels.

Mine is getting a bit tired now, though. Both headset cups are no longer tight fits and it can't be long before i start to feel them knocking. There is also a wee crack where the monostay joins the seattube, but it hasn't grown in several years. That has been put on ignore and same goes for all of the scratches and damaged decals.

The frame is going to need replacing at some point and hopefully one will turn up at the right price and condition. Not many around and cracks are common , if they have been used hard , so not easy to replace.

What is the plan with your O2? More weightweenie parts perhaps?

Cheers @Frankenorange
Mine will probably stay how it is - unless I decide to go to alloy BMX bars and a less offroad tyre.
Another frame I have used over the years as a MTB/commuter/700c jack of all trades is a Gringo. Nothing special - but it'll take discs or V-brakes - and is sat in the cave doing not a lot. So if your O2 gives up - and you can use a 17" Gringo - give me a shout..

Back