orange mountain bike

Thanks I think you've found it glad I put the pics up now saved me a lot of money for a fake , there's a couple on ebay that I'm watching 1 has been resprayed orange & white hopefully that's real :)

Re:

That one on ebay looks ok but is too expensive in my opinion. You should be able to get a decent original for a similar price. What age would you prefer? The geometry changed a lot over the first few years so if you're not stuck on a specific year I'd be looking at a 1992/3 as they're the best riders.

Re:

Looks very much like Drystone's Saracen – all is not lost if it's an old Saracen. Could be a nice renovation project if the frame is sound but defo not at the quoted price tag. Worth pointing out to the seller?

Re:

Probably the easiest way is to take a look at Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... sacat=7294. Unfortunately, because orange is a colour as well as a brand, you get a lot of other stuff as well. :?

You could try searching for Orange Clockwork, Orange P7, Orange C16R and Orange Prestige to narrow it down a bit.

Look at the completed listings as well, this should give you some idea of what people are paying and what sort of condition you might find for a given price. Have a look in the for sale section of this forum as well.

I'm no expert on Orange, but I think I'm right in saying that they often released the same frame with different component groups on them; Orange aficionados, please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Stick a wanted ad up on the site for a frame and forks.
Orange frames came in three sizes 17/19 and 21", so if you are of average height 19" would be perfect.
Then it's up to you regarding groupset. I have a p7 with the stxrc groupset on it, which works perfectly.
If you have a bigger budget you could opt for xt or even xtr.

Re:

£150 to £200 should get you a decent original Clockwork/c16/p7/Prestige/Aluminium O/Aluminium Elite. £200 to £300 for a great one. I you want a project I don't think the purple frame/forks on ebay is badly priced.

The bike on ebay is a 1989/90 so will be very low at the front. I'd suggest a 1992/3 as they were still classic (IMO) but rode better then the early ones.

Back