Orange Clockwork Very Rare

dainesefreak

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
In his defence that is 99% original and looks minty mint, so in that respect is pretty rare.

Postage is a little steep but i've seen worse.

All in, i quite like it. Still keeping half an eye for a retro ride for Mrs Tallpaul.

cable routing and rear canti hanger are wrong and clockworks of the newer veriaty 94/95 had stx rc none where fitted with stx only the c16r and c16f where fitted with stx a bit suspishous me thinks :? :? :?

ow :oops: :oops: yea my mistake forgot stx-rc was 95 but the frame cable routing and canti hanger seem wrong for some reason :? :?

The seat-stay tubing beyond the wishbone appears very short...

RIMG1295.jpg

0526_1.JPG

if it's a fake, someone has gone to effort and cost that probably exceed buying a clockwork in the first place...

cce":1poj1j9w said:
if it's a fake, someone has gone to effort and cost that probably exceed buying a clockwork in the first place...

:LOL: It's not a fake :roll:

Perhaps there are just subtle differances between frame sizes or even manufacturing batches.

Another imported, wishboned stayed, steel frame, sprayed and stickered as a Clockwork and fitted with Orange accessories would be no less an Orange than one sold through an Orange retailer anyway ;)

Weren't the early ones the same frames as Muddy Fox anyway? :LOL:

I have just been looking at some pics of my friends from BITD.

It looks real enough to me, the cable stop is correct, the seat cluster looks right.
The groupset tells you jack about an Orange anyway, you could order a Clockwork with anything up to XTR, and I bought my Clockwork frame at a discount as it was last years stock, who is to say that the frame wasn't put built up and shipped out after the fram efinish had changed, but the new groupset was out, don't forget in the late '90's shimano were releasing their 1996 stuff in August 1995. If they had carried on like that we should be able to go and get 2012 XTR at our LBS. :LOL:

Back