Orange Clockwork Very Rare

Stick Legs":lz81psa1 said:
don't forget in the late '90's shimano were releasing their 1996 stuff in August 1995.

What's changed? '08 Shadow XT could be purchased OEM from September. If i'd have waited a month longer to order my Lobster it'd have been delivered with the adjustable shifter mounts my freakishly long fingers require :LOL:

There are lots of little and subtle variations in Oranges through the years. Part of the flexibility of a relatively small manufatcurer.

Looks real enough frame to me, though couldn't say about whether it has been rebuit with newer parts or not :?

This chap is a dealer and has a wanted bikes ad in Cycling Weekly on a regular basis.
I asked that very question of him on STW and he failed to answer, any time a bike comes up for sale he always wants pics and a price.
Fair enough if the seller gets what he wants, but just wish he would be honest about it and pay trade rates.

Did Clockwork's ever have aheadsets as standard? This one does by the looks of things.

My 1995 C16R has a 1" threaded fork - which would be a bit of a retrograde step if so...

S

simon_adams_uk":87paq5za said:
Did Clockwork's ever have aheadsets as standard? This one does by the looks of things.

My 1995 C16R has a 1" threaded fork - which would be a bit of a retrograde step if so...

S

Good point, but the orange on the forks is a different colour from the orange on the frame, so could the forks be more recent than the frame? But the C16R had the H-section fork at least until 97 and was the reborn Clockwork of 98/99 still 1"? The plot thickens.....

Incidentally, I have a C16R from either 94 or 95, don't know which - it's dark green with silver letters and a silver (F7?) fork. Is that the same as yours?

this is an orange,stop picking holes in it, the stem is 1" threaded, you can see the stx decal, its got a 1" quil to ahead convertor on it. which loads off people done. its got a small wish bone due to the frame size been small, mines the same. that prestige frame is larger hence why its longer.

its a cracking bike and someone should buy it. :D

My 1998 Clockwork has a 1 1/8" headtube, The steerer on the F14 Orange fork was originally ahead but I had it threaded.

kase1983":89s8xlki said:
this is an orange,stop picking holes in it, the stem is 1" threaded, you can see the stx decal, its got a 1" quil to ahead convertor on it. which loads off people done. its got a small wish bone due to the frame size been small, mines the same. that prestige frame is larger hence why its longer.

its a cracking bike and someone should buy it. :D

Ssssshhhhhhhh, it's an eBay conspirency to rip everyone off with a fake low spec common bike :roll:

Tallpaul":2ulzaisq said:
The seat-stay tubing beyond the wishbone appears very short...

RIMG1295.jpg

0526_1.JPG

Very droll. It's a size 17, so it would be rather shorter than yours, wouldn't it?

Speaking of which, I built my son a size 15 once, so I wonder where they found the room for a tube on an even shorter seat stay?

If you think it's a 1994 frame, does that mean that 1995 was the first year of the C16R? And was the 1995 C16R dark green?

Anthony":4amxvnqo said:
Very droll. It's a size 17, so it would be rather shorter than yours, wouldn't it?

Speaking of which, I built my son a size 15 once, so I wonder where they found the room for a tube on an even shorter seat stay?

If you think it's a 1994 frame, does that mean that 1995 was the first year of the C16R? And was the 1995 C16R dark green?

The position of the canti bridge was being questioned, i was simply pointing out that the design/location of it was probably differant due to size/year :roll:

The black Clockwork isn't mine.

I don't know when the C16R was made, nor what colour it was.

Back