OnOne 456

1x10 proved a bloody revelation on the peaks ride, Saturday.. There just seemed to be a gear for everything I needed.. 11-36sprockets and 36t chainring

Yeah fully rigid was just a bit too much... However the recons have now gone and that means some serious new forks.. Can't wait to get them fitted and tested :)

UPDATE - all change on the brown steel machine, today...

Time to welcome a new set of forks with 120mm of travel (many thanks to brocklanders for these) and matching front wheel with 15mm maxle..

Also a nice SDG Ibeam post and matching lightweight SL seat..

Loving the way it looks and rides even more, now.., time to sort some new cranks I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 623
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 623
No idea at the moment, the worlds my oyster, so to speak...

The ones on there at the moment have a weird 19mm spindle and that's just a PITA for sourcing BB parts (which is well and truly on the way out)

Re:

Ive seen a few of these frames in person and i think they look great, brown is somehow a good colour for it. You should buy more gold parts for yours i reckon :D

Re: Re:

stuckinthenineties":2e4c16de said:
Ive seen a few of these frames in person and i think they look great, brown is somehow a good colour for it. You should buy more gold parts for yours i reckon :D

Already on it matey..

She now sports a gold BB and race face cranks :cool:

Re:

Looks great and the colour works so well :cool:
How did you find the weight aspect of it ?
I really like the look of these and have almost decided that i dont need full suss for what i ride so maybe a modern steel hardtail , but being very overweight and unfit i find my pretty light Cinder Cone so much better on my usual loop than a 28lb ish FSR that i wonder if it would be
out of the fire place and into the fire :facepalm:
Cheers Paul

Re:

I don't find the weight of the bike a problem at all. It climbs as well a anything else I've ever owned (and I've had almost everything :oops: ) better than a lot of exotic stuff and it compliments me as an overweight and under-fit rider too..

I put a lot of it down to choice of components and the gearing really helps (10sp 36t and 11-36) on really tough stuff I switch to a 22t granny and this thing just flies up anything in its path.

Back