old kona's, their really not very good are they

Lol, nice intro into the community.

I always liked Konas but I always put Specialized above them back in the day, but that was probably just ownership snobbery - past that now and any well built hand made frame with good geometry appeals to me - good fillet brazing will always impress me.

... and I never liked joy division, or most 80's music for that matter

2062508727_ab533b0305_o.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :D Don't anyone take any notice of Stefan...

He rides a 24" Marin with a lead frame. The last I heard some farmer was using it to stop sheep getting out of his field ;)

& as for the God like genius that is Joy Division.... :cool:

& big LOL @ Mr Agency :D

Konas do seem to have a loyal following but no more than Specialized or Gt etc etc ...

For the basis of a retro project they seem to be a safe bet with Steel tubing ,good Geometry and kool designs !!

I personally feel they are over rated but diffrent bike brands mean diffrent things to diffrent people, dont they ????

Just had a s**t load of booze and read this with a feeling of annoyance which is unusual for me on here... (the annoyance, not the booze :LOL: )
Konas were cheap and mass produced in their day but had design features that put them miles ahead of anything else. Their steel frames have handling that'd put most bikes to shame even now. I picked mine up this year dirt cheap and think it's a cracker as do most people that see it...
As for Joy division, I was 4 or 5 when they were at their peak but list New Order (a reformed Joy Division after Ian Curtis committed suicide) as my fave band ever and I know a lot of bands put them as one of their biggest influences so they're hardly overrated...

I know this is only a wind-up post, but don't dis' Manc's finest or Kona without backing it up :x

Back