Old Goat with a new bamboo coat

GoldenEraMTB":1qycm2cn said:
That looks amazing!!!

Excuse my newbness, but who is Russ, and is there a link or some way of contacting him...in the future?

Thanks
Russ Pickett, of AirArt, was the original painter for Mountain Goat (plus others) and is still painting bikes. He is still using some of the same templates that he used 15+ years ago!

FirstFlight":374ehgg0 said:
GoldenEraMTB":374ehgg0 said:
That looks amazing!!!

Excuse my newbness, but who is Russ, and is there a link or some way of contacting him...in the future?

Thanks
Russ Pickett, of AirArt, was the original painter for Mountain Goat (plus others) and is still painting bikes. He is still using some of the same templates that he used 15+ years ago!

Good to know; thanks for the info :)

...and again, that looks great.

Hey, that's my frame :D

I have finally finished the bike now and have made an album w pics of it.
It took me a while to reproduce the stickers and find all SunTour parts.

Thank you once again Jeff for helping me out w the paint!

Attachments

• Goat02.jpg
    Goat02.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,086
Wowzers, very nice paintwork.

Somehow I allways like Mountaingoats, luckely they do not show up that often :).

Looks great! I like those tires too :D

Did you get the BEAST to work? We've got one set up and it only works intermittently.

What did you end up doing for decals?

Thanks! The tires are great.

The Beast works but it was difficult to adjust the position of the shifting unit on the seattube. I also found that it works better if the crankset is moved 0,5 - 1,0 mm out from the frame (did this w a shim behind the right BB cup).

What's the problem w yours?

For the decals I have spent quite a few hours making a new set from the stickers that was originally on the frame. It is very accurate now, if I may say so myself. Maybe something for your own goat project ;) The tange stickers are NOS from Ebay and the california flag is the original one.

By the way, sorry for the lousy quality of the pics in my album. They really don't make the frame justice.

Our electronics will shift up OK but the downshift only works part of the time.

Did you make extra decals? It would be nice to have some of the older decals for the restoration projects.

Back