OK, i'm putting this out there, i'm likely to get toasted

Re: OK, i'm putting this out there, i'm likely to get toaste

FluffyChicken":1bj3hj4s said:
Mike Muz 67":1bj3hj4s said:
Well then , to conclude ,
All shifter designs are the best , and they're all s--t too ! :? There is only one thing for it . Sell all three of my geared bikes and get a nice steel single speed , anyone selling ?
Mike
Try the BMX section
:LOL: :LOL:
Never ridden a BMX , and I hope it stays that way ! I'm 6'3" for heavens sake ! I'm used to banging along on 53 chainring , if I try that on a bmx the wheels will be off the ground :facepalm:
Mike

Having ridden mountain bikes now for 25 odd years I have to say the shifters on my 2013 Trek Super Fly are the best yet. That said while riding my 83 Ross mtb today with Shimano friction shifters they did the job perfectly. However I was just riding on the road and rec path. Would they work as good as a modern shifter down a twisty, wooded, up/down section of trail? Probably not but who cares. That's why I like old mtbs as much as modern ones. Slow down and enjoy the trail and the ride.

Mike Muz 67":u393v5x2 said:
Never ridden a BMX , and I hope it stays that way ! I'm 6'3" for heavens sake ! I'm used to banging along on 53 chainring , if I try that on a bmx the wheels will be off the ground :facepalm:
Mike

A majority of the AA Pro BMX racers are around 6' and 185-200 lbs.

Warwick Stevenson - 6'-1" - 210
Brian Foster - 6'-1" - 185
Christophe Lévêque - 5'-10" - 190
John Purse - 5'-10" - 190

A majority of the AA Pro BMX racers are around 6' and 185-200 lbs.

Good luck to them , it's not for me though . I like to go fast on the road , and have gears off road . Kinda makes sense to me
Mike

Well, You did say "I'm 6'-3"! It's not for me!" like you're too big for it. The physical requirements for top level BMX (aside from the jumping part) are very similar to Sprint racing. (600-1000m/ 2-4 competitors on a velodrome), hence most of the top guys are built (and train) like Sprint racers.

thought they would be far too small TBH .
I'd still rather eat my own eyeballs than ride one though

People look at Wally World (Halfords) BSOish BMX bikes and think I'd never be able to ride that. Real BMX bikes (and a lot of MTB jump/park frames) are sized by the TT length. The wheelbase on my (L) race bike was 1/2" shorter than the wheelbase on my Mountain Cycle San Andreas. You'd fit an XL (maybe) or XXL with the right bars just fine.

Nope , still not doing it for me . Oh hang on , do Yo Eddy make them ? :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm: :roll:
Mike

Mike Muz 67":2j601lvs said:
Nope , still not doing it for me . Oh hang on , do Yo Eddy make them ?

I'm assuming you mean did Fat Chance make them.

Anyway, meh @ Fat Chance. A fillet brazed Ritchey or a Mountain Goat would be much more exclusive.

dscn3522_lg.jpg

GoatBMX.JPG

Mike Muz 67":1219hnrb said:
thought they would be far too small TBH .
I'd still rather eat my own eyeballs than ride one though

There you go again, eating balls.

Back