Ok, Cantis sorted...IYO what are THE best canti pads?

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, reckon low froggleg or Paul cantis.

Now, what pads are good. No, what pads are the best. I'm talking POWER here.

But bear in mind these are skinny braking surface Ksyrium and Aksium 700c wheels.

I tried Kool Stop ones on my v's on these rims and they were too wide and rubbed ano off (or would have if they'd been used). And they were the v version which was narrower than the canti ones.

Your opinions please.

hamster":um4ks1dr said:
Well if you don't like Koolstops, how about Aztecs?

did like them, just the v ones were wider than shimano , so i imagined the canti ones would be similar.

i'll look around.

Physics would dictate something soft without massive pad area would give you best stopping power surely?

But then you'll need back ups as they'll wear fast, it's all a trade off.

Old old stock pads will suck, they'll be hard or UV will have had an effect on them.

What do Paul recommend with the brakes, I'd imagine as their products are aimed at well heeled owners they'd have a soft sticky pad in mind whereas most brakes would be paired with hard as nails commuter compounds.

Go on you know you want to.....

vans_koolstop.jpg

Make you smile every time you saw them :D

37584.jpg

These Ritchey pads are great! Also, they're only £3 at CRC! ;)
If they're too wide, they're pretty easy to cut, and they won't tear your sidewalls if set up is incorrect. A true classic!

Power at the expense of your rims would be WTB ceramic rim brake blocks . Red compound a bit like pumice stone in feel. Got them on the Fuquay.Cool Rare and expensive whats not to love :LOL:
Why did nobody mention Ritchey Logic Cantis ? they worked well, wide arms etc with red blocks .

Scott-Matthauser
Real Designs withe the alloy pad holder.
All dissipatee heat well, and offer friction over life :)

I think Koolstop bought the pattern from matthauser ,they do a black and orange canti pad which is great .

Back