Not vintage or French Tourers/Campeurs, Trade/Porteurs, Audax/Randonneurs, Commuters/Town

Having owned a classic Koga, I think they are a bit garish. I wouldn't buy one again. There are more tasteful Dutch tourers, the Vittorio and the Batavus are good examples.

Also, mine was set up as a light tourer, but I was surprised how hard the ride was. No nice steel springiness at all.

Having owned a classic Koga, I think they are a bit garish. I wouldn't buy one again. There are more tasteful Dutch tourers, the Vittorio and the Batavus are good examples.

Also, mine was set up as a light tourer, but I was surprised how hard the ride was. No nice steel springiness at all.
I'm suprised it was harsh. I just liked that one, it spoke to me. I do wish the voices would stop.

I love old Rando's and this thread is very inspiring 👍

here you can find some informations regarding that Select bike brand - in German only.

in short:

" Georg Gartner sr., founded the compay in the 1930s.
He was one of more then 100! bicycle mechanics in Vienna BITD who manufacture their own bikes,
He named his "Select".
The bike shop exsisted till the early 2000
at the adress: Lerchenfelder Gürtel 29, Vienna
Due to the fact that his bike shop and manufactury lasted that long it is, beside RIH one of the most known Viennese bike brands"

I love old Rando's and this thread is very inspiring 👍

here you can find some informations regarding that Select bike brand - in German only.

in short:

" Georg Gartner sr., founded the compay in the 1930s.
He was one of more then 100! bicycle mechanics in Vienna BITD who manufacture their own bikes,
He named his "Select".
The bike shop exsisted till the early 2000
at the adress: Lerchenfelder Gürtel 29, Vienna
Due to the fact that his bike shop and manufactury lasted that long it is, beside RIH one of the most known Viennese bike brands"
Thank you for sharing that, there is another thread that deals with French Rando's here.

Back