NOS XT SL-M732 Thumbies

Anyone interested in bidding here in the UK remember that your costs won't just stop at what you pay for them but you'll also have to pay VAT and a Royal Mail Customs collection & clearnace charge which will be £13 as they are being sent priority mail.

You may also have to pay Customs Duties if the cost of the goes above £135.

Link here for useful info; http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... _CL_000014

Good luck bidding ;)

"Some" US sellers declare a lower value when they ship items just to expedite delivery.....

Also in some countries, the chances of a packages with a higher customs declaration value "disappearing" is MUCH greater than a lower priced item.

julesg007":95cpc4r0 said:
but you'll also have to pay VAT and a Royal Mail Customs collection & clearnace charge which will be £13 as they are being sent priority mail.

that ad says standard shipping not priority mail

julesg007":95cpc4r0 said:
Seller is saying they'll be using USPS Priority Mail Internaitional - isn't that priority mail?

edit: you're absolutely correct, now that I look at that ad from the UK side looks like the template I used picked up "Priority Mail" by default :(
buyer will have the option of how it's shipped.

Smaller items like that should always be shipped first class as delivery times appear to be identical between first class and priority mail.

Granted some US sellers might do this, however, I have seen some listings where they state they will only declare the final auction price on the customs declaration as to deliberately declare a lower value is breaking US law and they will not entertain it in anyway.

Seller is saying they'll be using USPS Priority Mail Internaitional - isn't that priority mail?

Therefore if you're going to bid be prepared to pay Mr Osbourne a chunk of your hard earned beer tokens!

julesg007":2zgqo0jn said:
Granted some US sellers might do this, however, I have seen some listings where they state they will only declare the final auction price on the customs declaration as to deliberately declare a lower value is breaking US law and they will not entertain it in anyway!

True,

But some US sellers break the 55mph law everyday when they drive on the motorway.....

:D

crconsulting":1pmm1ymj said:
julesg007":1pmm1ymj said:
Granted some US sellers might do this, however, I have seen some listings where they state they will only declare the final auction price on the customs declaration as to deliberately declare a lower value is breaking US law and they will not entertain it in anyway!

True,

But some US sellers break the 55mph law everyday when they drive on the motorway.....

:D

I think we all at sometimes stray over the permitted maximum speed limit at times ;) .

Seller might be happy to declare a lower value if asked but on some listings the sellers basically say don't ask for a false value declaration as we won't break our laws for your benefit and if the item does get damaged or lost you'd only be covered for the declared value and thus you'd be out of pocket for want of saving a few quid!

Usually a false customs declaration means that you can only claim the stated value on the insurance if they go missing, and given the price these will go for I wouldn't have expected anyone to want to risk that.

Back