NOS SPIN wheels in the original box! NOW with Pictures!

gm1230126":3gcot5sz said:
The last pair of NOS sold on eBay for 899 about 15-16 months back so I'm asking $1000 on these.

Whilst I'm not questioning they're worth (if I had the cash I'd be buying them) I'm confused by your equation that works an 11% price increase in just over a year of economic downturn. :?

Dave_H":2wwe9nu0 said:
gm1230126":2wwe9nu0 said:
The last pair of NOS sold on eBay for 899 about 15-16 months back so I'm asking $1000 on these.

Whilst I'm not questioning they're worth (if I had the cash I'd be buying them) I'm confused by your equation that works an 11% price increase in just over a year of economic downturn. :?

VRC price fixing???

;)

Russell":ljlveifn said:
Dave_H":ljlveifn said:
gm1230126":ljlveifn said:

VRC price fixing???

;)

doh!

Spins

My Pal sold a new pair on Ebay for £50 last month at BIN price, dispersing his Mail order stock, they took a bit of shifting too!

Russell":3snkw5fl said:
Dave_H":3snkw5fl said:
gm1230126":3snkw5fl said:

VRC price fixing???

;)

They are NOS and sold for what $750-799 when new. I think you should ask those paying $150 for top mount 7 speed shifters why they pay 4-500% premiums for shifters that were originally $39 before they stopped making them. There are people that want NOS and Mint for nice builds. Campy Delta brakes at over 2K and what did the Hutch cranks finally sell for? People that want are willing to pay. I just though I'd offer here first and give members a first chance. There are also a lot more players...people no collecting old mountain bikes than there were 16-18 months ago.
Don't forget that in this economic downturn taxes are going up too :D

Yeah...actually $414. I've bought a few "nice" pairs in the past. We all know about them...one or two pictures from 10-12 feet away but when they arrive they look like hash, half the rim gone, loose or tight hubs. You tend to get what you pay for :D

Not saying we aren't surprised once in a while when we open a box to find nice clean "low use" stuff.

Back