NOS Raceface Deus Stem 110mm 6deg silver

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NOS early Deus stem, 6 deg rise 110mm length.
My absolute fave stem from bitd, lovely machining and super strong yet still light.
Was sold to me by an online shop as NOS, looks like it has been fitted before but certainly never used in anger/rain. Id say condition is 9.9/10 . Selling at a big loss £22 delivered.

Paypal gift please.

retrobike1.jpg

retrobike5.jpg

Anyone looking for a cheap & easy SPD set up?
I have a set of barely used Pearl Izumi shoes in size 10.5 (45EU) with a pair of Shimano M515 Spd's to go with them.
Came to me as part of a complete bike deal, shoes are too narrow for my spade like feet.
£28 delivered for the set. SOLD pp

Also have a NOS boxed set of Butterscotch Tioga Psycho K's if anyone's interested? Would prefer to keep them for a rainy day...but I have a new bike heading my way and the funds would help
£52 delivered.
[/b]

How do SPD's work? :oops: i'm around the right size for them, just debating the possibilitys of riding them.. as i normally run cages or flats

mikeekim89":31gesqcs said:
How do SPD's work? :oops: i'm around the right size for them, just debating the possibilitys of riding them.. as i normally run cages or flats

If you look on the sole of the shoe you can see an oblong'ish shaped 'cleat', with downward pressure this clips into either side of the pedal.
You then have the ability to pull up as well as push down on the pedal, creating a more uniform circular pedal stroke.
You can still move your ankle/foot from side to side (this is called 'float' and you normally have around 5 degrees of moevement)
If you turn your heel outward, the cleat is designed to un-click itself from the pedal.
So, when you pull up at traffic lights/pubs etc, you just flick your heel and put your foot down. simples.
After a few miles it all becomes second nature, and those who are SPD converts would never go back to flats.

If you are a keen cyclist and looking for more efficiency/comfort/speed, SPD's are the way forward.
Why not give em a try?!
what size are you? its normally best to size up by .5 or 1 size, as the shoes are designed not to flex/give much.

i can get a pic together for tomorrow if you really want, but I promise they are boxed and fresh... still have the white release agent on them.

Back