Norwegian GT LOBO STS "

Thank you all. I added some " info" on most of the pictures uploaded..if you care to have a look :)
Will post up some more pics as i go along.Quite alot of more parts and work to be done ;)

From all the way back when I bought and built this bike in 1998,i initially wanted to spec it out with some certain favourite components.One of these components was the Azonic Shorty stem,which i always loved the look of,especially the black one. History tells ,that I never got one,cause I settled for alot of the parts from the donor bike,the old Sts Dh bike.
So 3 weeks ago,, I was looking around on ebay,and behold,An Azonic Shorty Stem,the 45mm version ,in black
😍
😍

I bought it, knowing it had a repair done to it,the threads on the headtube clamp fitting was gone,but the overall condition was soo good,i had to have it
So ,,I have now got it home, and I'm super stoked finally getting one
😍

So now,I wanted to show you how i fixed it
😁

I used Wurth Time Sert Thread inserts. These are far superior to the well known "helicoil " threads,which basically sux.The Time Sert ones ,are massive Steel inserts,and not just loose threads like the Helicoil.
Also the best part is that using these threads,you are maintaining the original bolt size.
Eitherway, here is step by step pictures of the jobb, and I hope you like it.
I still have left to sort out two new black bolts,but they are on order.

So here is the job in chronological order ;)

Got the new stem home. "bad " repair of the broken threads,by just putting on a longer bolt ,with a nut on the other end.Works fine,but i want it to be proper.
20221024_192408.jpg
Decided to do only the hole with the broken threads first....but----
20221026_154337.jpg

But then.-.My ocd kicked in,and i decided to do the other one too :) So now both of them are up for the job,holding everything in placen,tight and snug :)
Step 1: Drill a new hole,with the special diameter drill bit
20221026_154958.jpg

Step 2:Countersunk the hole,
20221026_155020.jpg

Countersunk done, Bitofa shame with the damage in the anodizing around the previous " repaired hole"...The nut made some scoring marks there..but i used a black marker pen, to soften the sight of the damaged anodizing.
20221026_155118.jpg

Step 3:Then rethreading the hole,with a special size thread bit,specific to the Wurth TimeSert kit,to accept then the thread insert
20221026_155158.jpg

Threads done
20221026_155526.jpg

Step 4: inserting the Wurth TimeSert thread insert. No need for threadlock,.as the tool seeen on the picture,holds the insert in place..and as it goes in..it expands the insert..so it sticks in there
20221026_155605.jpg

Step 5: Enjoy the new steel insert threads :)Also,as you can see..the scoring marks on the top hole,is less visible now due to the fact that i touched it up with my black marker pen.Works perfectly fine :)
20221026_163150.jpg

Last edited:
Back