Nice problem to have... (Poll!!)

Which Frame should Ringo buy?

• Pace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merlin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went for the merlin just cos it will stand up to use better over the years than an ally frame. It hurt me to tick the merlin box as a Pace is one of my dream rides, but its easier to let the head talk rather than the heart when its someone elses cash.

tough problem. Buy which ever you can find first. Then later buy the other and slip it in the back door when the wife is not in.

So buy both

Having owned both I would take the titanium over the pace as a truly usable frame that won't beat your 40 year old back up. The pace is a stunning looker and a great short ride bike but you will feel like a 50 year old after every ride!

Go Merlin.

fam21.gif

pete_mcc":16haetir said:
Go Merlin
Go Merlin
Go Merlin
fam21.gif

(Closest I've got to cheerleaders)

i'd go for the merlin. but only cos i've got an rc100.
but if i had to choose between the 2 the pace would win.
simply because its a rare bike, but is totally usable.
whichever you go for. it will be a cool bike.
and riding a pace doesn't make me feel like a 50 year old.
it makes me feel like a 20 year old. :D

EP

Got a Zaskar... but BITD I always rode ally... Since coming back to these old bikes, I'm more of a steel fan - ally feels a bit lifeless..

I too rode Daves RC200 (albeit up that slope at the end) and it was a revelation... really really great.

Never had a ride on a ti bike, but I like the idea of a comfortable ride!

Stevo

It's the only benefit we have retained... final salary pension (non-contributory) went last year, no pay rise for two years... shouldn't moan though it's a job (which is everything in the current climate), the trouble is THEY know that too!

My decision may have to go on the backburner as there is other interest in the frame I have got my eye on...

merlin

i would have been torn a few weeks ago, but having seen that Merllin softail for sale a few days ago, then having a look through the old catalouges i think the Merlins look amazing as well as having the longevity for a riding bike.

Re: merlin

richen987":2s8hlga0 said:
i would have been torn a few weeks ago, but having seen that Merllin softail for sale a few days ago, then having a look through the old catalouges i think the Merlins look amazing as well as having the longevity for a riding bike.

Stroke a weld dude, it's a whole 'nother world... :shock: :LOL:

Didn't Dekerf not do a titanium frame?

Anyway merlin for me too gorgeus frames.

Tc :LOL:

Back