Newbie saying hello.

Gazza1

Dirt Disciple
Hello guys and gals

Been mouching around here for a few days,what an awesome forum/site.

Just gotten back into mountain biking after a 2 long lay off a mixture of selling my bikes due to being out of work and 2 knee ops.

My 1st decent bike was a khs pro in purple fully rigid i actually joined a bike shop team a couple of weeks after getting this bike and was then introduced to the cross country racing scene in Wales that was an experience straight into the fire with no experience or bike fitness.

I then graduated to a set of pace rc 35s up front the old elastomer type but what a difference to the front end this made.

About a yr later i bought a pace rc200 frame in greeeny/blue of a friend at the shop then i spent lots of time and money tricking it out i had blue machine tech hubs and what a great sound the rear made but i had to get rid of these as they were not disk specific.

Got my first set of Hope cross country disk wheelset very nice but personally i liked the machine techs more.

the Pace eventually ended up with face forks ringle stem,king headset,use seatpin and the rest xt the brakes were hope and i had an arm which went upto the canti boss at the back.

I sold this cause i came out of work and needed money for the familly it was a heart wrenchin decision but had to be done.

About 5-6 years later maybe a bit mor cant remember lol i got a cannondale f2000 from leasure lakes but i got it custom built i got the titanium lefty forks,race face carbon throughout hope disks and xt gears was another superb bike which i again had to get rid of cause of financial ptobs but such is life lol.

Now here i am again into my mountain bikes after a long lay off which has involved 2 knee operations but im not complaining i love life and my familly and if i have to make sacrifices i will..

anyway guys and gals thanks for listening and thanks for such an awesome site ive just put a reference to some pace stuff in the watching thread but be quick the pace rc150 forks are near the end of the auction its not my stuff i just thought i would mention it here as well as i know pace stuff is well sought after.

Hi Gazza,
From another Merseysider from just over the river :) I too have only recently started riding again after an absence of many years. I am nowhere near as fit as I used to be 30 years ago, but I am enjoying it immensely. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I already am doing.

Hello from Al in Cornovalia!

Can ya tell i'm off to Italy again soon. :D

Cheers guys

Just spent most of the nite trying to fit an Avid disk brake to a set of pace rc150 forks.

Im definately going to get another pace frame and forks as nothing else ive ridden touches them.

Its nice to start thinking about getting back out there again in the fresh air with some great scenery.

Take care fellas catch ya later.

Back