NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

Re: Re:

pigman":2ezf71cf said:
Rapparee87":2ezf71cf said:
That's assuming they notice of course.
And I think that was the point, they wouldn't. But if that's correct, then it begs the question s, why involve joop? They don't know him, just say it's like the 80 tour winning bike and why 753? They wouldn't know how esteemed that was. It would have made more sense to knock a team coloured bike out in mid level alloy or steel

Very true. Good points, well made.

Rapparee87":1me48y8b said:
pigman":1me48y8b said:
Rapparee87":1me48y8b said:
That's assuming they notice of course.
And I think that was the point, they wouldn't. But if that's correct, then it begs the question s, why involve joop? They don't know him, just say it's like the 80 tour winning bike and why 753? They wouldn't know how esteemed that was. It would have made more sense to knock a team coloured bike out in mid level alloy or steel

Very true. Good points, well made.

Yep. Involving Joop adds more credibility to the heritage image of course; a human face and an actual TdF winner like Wiggo, Froomey, Lemond, etc. etc. It's always been a way to sell a road bike, and fairly often not even decent ones.

Bikes adorned with a past TdF winner' name always triggers the alarm bell for me; having great legs certainly doesn't equate to great bike building skills and running a successful company. It's naive to think so. EDIT: Probably a whole other topic, but you get the point.

dorset boy":8pvlu1fh said:
I'm saving up for the 77 tribute model ;)

Tribute model or replica? Hope your piggy bank is large.... ;)

Anyhow, just out of curiosity what are the major differences between the 77 and 80 original?

OMG we're talking retro Raleigh and then someone brings up 1977!

Here's Eddie, not on a Raleigh but 1977 tdf.

School trip in France.

Attachments

• eddy-merckx-tdf-1977.jpg
    eddy-merckx-tdf-1977.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 196
steampowered":20icn233 said:
OMG we're talking retro Raleigh and then someone brings up 1977!

Here's Eddie, not on a Raleigh but 1977 tdf.

School trip in France.

It's actually Robert Bouloux in the pic, Merckx was No.71 in that Tour. Great picture though, so keep 'em coming.

Re:

Here is Merckx in the 77 tour.Will put up some Ti Raleigh pics from my 77 tour book to get us back on topic.

Attachments

• DSC00434.JPG
    DSC00434.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 140
Back