New Reilly RS7 Stainless Steel build

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
OK, so I've gone a bit over the top with this….my Dad has described it as a "Rolls Royce of bikes" and I think he's right…..

Reilly RS7 Stainless Steel, custom built and hand brazed by Mark Reilly himself and delivered to my door about a week ago.

I can honestly say this is the nicest bike I've ever ridden (and in the last 40 years I've owned around 80 bikes, so I do have "qualifications"!)

So, some pics of the frame immediately after it arrived:

4GRMx20.jpg

OL1L68c.jpg

uAK7AT3.jpg

iwCtqhg.jpg

1qPf0Xb.jpg

HoF3MGl.jpg

TBx1KSs.jpg

mTrQvO6.jpg

GPNDqEF.jpg

Re: Not old, but it's classic! New Reilly RS7 Stainless

So, I couldn't hold off, as soon as the frame was out of the box, the build had to start. It was a lovely sunny day too, so could do it outside:

Matching Titanium Reilly stem:

yl0EtE3.jpg

Nice silver Thomson seat post and Arione saddle:

Dqnt7Tp.jpg

And the SRAM Force groupset started to go on:

JjvrWNf.jpg

EUfmBR8.jpg

And the cabling up:

OAmPXto.jpg

TB0pYjJ.jpg

Lovely new wheels - Hope RS4 hubs on Mavic Open Pros, 32 spoke to cope with the nasty roads around here:

PkzHrKI.jpg

Zad0l7a.jpg

Re: Not old, but it's classic! New Reilly RS7 Stainless

And finally, she was built!

Neede to chop the steerer down and also put an order in for some rather nice stainless bottle cages so final build pics will follow in the next few days. In the meantime:

ORpdOmI.jpg

Zlnm0gP.jpg

I've done about 35 miles on it so far……all I can say is WOW, am I pleased or what!!

Re:

Absolutely beautiful frame, and while I fully appreciate the build ethos, from a purely aesthetic point of view a silver groupset would look nicer ;) :cool: :cool: :mrgreen:

Back