New Project '59 Experto Crede

Strip and maybe do some paint detail? Lucky to have a paintshop in the garden shed!

-Going this route has opened up a good many new possibilities :)

Attachments

• Tiger-t-shirt-logo.jpg
    Tiger-t-shirt-logo.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 8
Wow! Thx both...explains lots...SIS -Aaah -Yes I've seen that of course... Sorry having a Joe Biden moment there... :rolleyes:
KMC/Sram do some cool stuff...must admit that I bought a Shimano Deore LX RD-M567 for £15.00 on Flea bay...looks fine to me..What the Mrs don't know......:)

Saw an STX -that seemed like a candidate, looked older too. Anyway LX paid for , await shipping...
View attachment 867367
That's in nice shape, I'd run that as is. I've got a spare STX you can have cheap if you want a choice.

You can always strip it down and put the body in paint stripper to make it less shiny and be left with a nice alloy body.

I wouldn't use any tools to remove as you want to avoid scraping marks as the finish underneath with be a nice tumbled finish (where they put components in a rotating drum a balls/abrasives to clean up and create a uniform finish prior to paint).

Unless you wanted to polish it up? Some people love polishing stuff...

Then you get get a Campagnolo sticker for it, or as you have the skills you could hand write a Campagnolo logo, or Shimagnolo (or variations!) logo if you wanted to be creative! 😜 Some wax over the top to stop it from oxidising and Bob's (not) your uncle before @Guinessisgoodforyou comments! ;)

Thanks Mate -generous offer -We'll see, they look bit more Retro (and looks are a big part of this game!)

Watched this yesterday dammit, when you're on new ground you can have just enough information to be dangerous! Or buy stuff that isn't compatible -like those GB levers...back on fleabay. As the Vncent lot say 'Speed is expensive'

GCN Bristol guys testing Classic steel vs Modern Carbon... Was 3 years ago mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1vOhBcsdg

You can always strip it down and put the body in paint stripper to make it less shiny and be left with a nice alloy body.

I wouldn't use any tools to remove as you want to avoid scraping marks as the finish underneath with be a nice tumbled finish (where they put components in a rotating drum a balls/abrasives to clean up and create a uniform finish prior to paint).

Unless you wanted to polish it up? Some people love polishing stuff...

Then you get get a Campagnolo sticker for it, or as you have the skills you could hand write a Campagnolo logo, or Shimagnolo (or variations!) logo if you wanted to be creative! 😜 Some wax over the top to stop it from oxidising and Bob's (not) your uncle before @Guinessisgoodforyou comments! ;)
Well that just opens up a whole new ballgame ;) hmmm finkin'

Well that just opens up a whole new ballgame ;) hmmm finkin'
Makes it more retro. I use to strip my mechs on my 90's MTB and paint the bodies a dark blue, just because I could.

I LOVE the idea of putting Campagnolo on a Shimano derailleur!!!

Happy to plant the seed to get @Jez Nemeth creative juices flowing...

If you're sensible you'd ignore most comments on this forum and would be in your shed/garage cracking on with things being productive. But where's the fun in that!

I should be working, but where's the fun in that?!* 🤣

If there's good paint base there -Etch Primer, then good to go -unless you want the shiny stuff, 400, 800, 1200, 1500, 3000 grits and 'Snip, snip Bob's yer aunty'.

We're catching a taxi here at 12.00 for round 2 , 'Get the family on our bargain bucket holiday' -5 days... Worked out what the cancellation was, big earthquake. The jet company, said weather...There was one yesterday too... Costing more in taxi's this hols. Still it's the Mrs's gig -she really needs a break, oh yes.

So in limbo...that's why I'm here ;)

Back