New Project '59 Experto Crede

Seem to remember the LX/STX stuff working pretty well -I do strangely have a long cage XT hanging round -would that supplement, does look a bit modern though...well, 90's anyway.

most mountain stuff was black or grey, or dull silver, but there's quite a few SIS- compatible polished silver long cage road dérailleurs, mostly from the 9 speed era, tiagra, 105 and ultegra, to give a classic look.
Jockey cage could be washered if it needed a little more space for the chain, but as a rule shimano hg40 6,7,8 chain works in a 9 speed derailleur, and on many 5 speed freewheels.🥳
Ah the golden age of compatibility😃

That answered about 5 Q's? right there.

Well, need to go and apply some of this knowledge, spend a bit more cash (covertly) and hope it's delivered by time I return from Bushfire/Earthquake central next Wednesday. Hg40 chain... Plan.

So...May put the 105 that's on the Yeti Arc-x on this one -polish the Feck out of it so nooooobody would know who made it. XT going on Yeti, other yeti has an older XT which may be more suitable? Bag of records remains an intact bag of records -and remains of records.

Which one would be good here? -Sram always seemed to have a bit of an edge on similar level Shimano stuff right from the off...

Any difference in width on these -seeing Sram...loads of choice

Get this one -just cut it down to length... Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 20.59.22.png

I've run kmc 7 speed on 5,6,7,8 and 9 I'm probably going to hell. This should go through your mech without issue. Edit NOT 9 but I want to try it now.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back