New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon (Finished P5 11th Dec)

Re: New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon

blast, what happened exactly , a reaction of two different paints ? or with the actual sticker's themselves ?
the laqueer was rattle can cellulose from halfords, right ?

No this bike is not being done with rattle cans. It had nothing to do with the decals. It was as if there was silicon or something on the paint which caused the clear to go badly wrong. Trouble is that when doing clear over the decals you have to be so careful with using de-greaser over the decals as it will cause the ink to come off.

oh so its best to solvent the fresh paint prior to decaling and not touch the decals,then laqueer the lot ?
what exactly went wrong i would have thought clear on white easy, did the clear coat crack ?or make
everything dull ?

Re:

Yeah it cracked or rather split.
Then once it went off we couldn't rub down and save with out going threw to decals.

its usefull infomation.i have heard it happening with powder coat which is something you would half expect
anyway.
what was the paint product he used please maca ?

No idea which products he used to be honest. He's a professional painter so it will be proper stuff (thats all I know).
Think it was just bad luck as some times happens with paint. Its just a shame it happened after decals.

Wow, thats a real nice looking resto, shame about the paint reacting. same thing happened to me doing my somec. do have a soft spot for old pugs though, still have a perthus pro and did a recommission of this 'premiere' few years back, all original in perfect condition

also the water bottle i still have, if youre interested drop me a pm

hope the rest of the resto goes well with no more surprises
Stu

Cheers Macca, but funny enough I have just laid my hands on two nos bottles same as yours, after I had already bought a retro aero bottle for it because I couldn't find these bottles.

If you like old pugs then chech out my other build Peugeot 753 in Team Z colours ....... thats my rolls royce.

Just need the frame back now, rest of the bits are ready to go

(excuse the carpet its all done at my Grandads house :) )

Back