New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon (Finished P5 11th Dec)

Re: New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon

Been a bit of a wait what with one thing and another, but had this from my painter the other day, all done cleared with no problems this time :)

Picking it up today, really looking forward to getting this built.

Re: New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon

Well shes all finished (at last, seems these Peugeots really do fight back lol).

So whats been done,
Bare metal re-spray old paint was to far gone, new decals, chrome forks cleaned up. New headset as the old strong light one was k.o'd but I bought two a black and a silver one to mix so that it looked the same as the old one. Black Cinelli stem replaced the Atax one. New seat post and saddle, new old stock bar tape, new cables all round. New rims and hubs old wheels were odd and did not match each other. New tyres and some nos water bottles. Groupset, bars and brakes have been cleaned, serviced and re-used.

And this is what I satred with (save you going back to the start :) )

Hope you like and as always any feedback good, bad or indifferent welcome.

v nice pedals,water bottles great job immaculate even a made in france chainstay protector ! but im going to be a christmas humbug
and say silver stem and head set :xmas-wink:

Cheers Guys, but oonaff I'm affraid you will have to keep sucking that humbug :) as the black bits are staying. I think they break up the white and Chrome really well :)

Took her for a shake down Sunday morning, few bits had to be nipped up here and there but what a bike to ride. I wasn't lucky enough to have one of these back in the day .... wish I had. She's fast, nimble and light for what she is.

Thanks, I think this is now a fav of my collection not only because of how it looks or rides but because it had led the hardest life of all my bikes.

Finished the finishing touch on boxing day. Home made number plate. Made it from some old ABS plastic, bit of paint and some decals my painter made me foc. Went for the number 88 as the bike is a 88. I think its come out rather well.

Back