New game, guess the song

ian.allen2":2umtxlkq said:
The History Man":2umtxlkq said:
Especially as there's no tape involved in the picture. :LOL:

I was wondering that as it is a digital answer machine. :LOL:

Watch the film and listen to the dialogue at that point, it'll all make sense.

The History Man":17vloc0f said:

Not sure I'm getting why you're fixating on tape? Digital devices have "rewind" capabilities (well I suppose reverse, to be pedantic, but at least simulating - quite apposite - the rewinding of ye olde worlde tape), as well as erase.

As to the relevance of the song to the picture, well it's the theme to the film, and if you watch the film and listen to the audio at that point, it'll all make sense.

The History Man":1cv0pqki said:
I'm going to post a pic of marmalade for whiskey in the jar then :)

OK, big man.

You'll have to win another turn, though, or another correct guesser will have to throw you a sympathy bang.

Neil":3juv5fe5 said:
The History Man":3juv5fe5 said:

Not sure I'm getting why you're fixating on tape? Digital devices have "rewind" capabilities (well I suppose reverse, to be pedantic, but at least simulating - quite apposite - the rewinding of ye olde worlde tape), as well as erase.

As to the relevance of the song to the picture, well it's the theme to the film, and if you watch the film and listen to the audio at that point, it'll all make sense.

I watched the video on youtube. I Just could not get the link between the song and the picture. I looked at every sone through the 80's and 90's and saw the title but didnt think it had anything to do with it.

I see the link in it as erase and rewind as you would do on an answer machine, but on my digital annswer machine, there is no rewind, just a play and delete.

ian.allen2":1cdbjq4z said:
Neil":1cdbjq4z said:
The History Man":1cdbjq4z said:

I watched the video on youtube. I Just could not get the link between the song and the picture. I looked at every sone through the 80's and 90's and saw the title but didnt think it had anything to do with it.

I see the link in it as erase and rewind as you would do on an answer machine, but on my digital annswer machine, there is no rewind, just a play and delete.

If you watched the scene it would make sense. It's the second scene in the film where the answerphone gets to star. Bet it didn't get it's own trailer.

Edit: and there's 2 videos to the song, both are very similar, but one has scenes from the film in it too.

I'm not fixating just playing. But, the thread is about the picture, out of context, not the background or it's use elsewhere or as part of a narrative, and how it represents song, hence the literal interpretations.

There's always one. Anyway, who's next? Oh that's an album sorry.

The History Man":3tqiroxt said:
I'm not fixating just playing. But, the thread is about the picture, out of context, not the background or it's use elsewhere or as part of a narrative, and how it represents song, hence the literal interpretations.

There's always one. Anyway, who's next? Oh that's an album sorry.

That picture, and what's going on does represent the song, or at least the title of the song, just like the other pictures in the thread. <deity> knows why you're getting hung up on your perception of why it doesn't. There's rather more tenuous links already been submitted.

Thank you for calling me big man. I like that. Been out playing in the woods. Where's Ross?

Back