New frenchy

s16206

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum and I'm a big old Cannondale's enthusiast !
Sorry for my english sometimes, I'm french...
I live near Paris if there is some people around.

I have a question for you when you re-built a bike : do you prefer to keep the original paint (sometimes not so good), or you prefer to re-paint but in that case you lose some stickers ?

Re:

Hi there, it's up to you what to do about the paint, some people like to try and keep the original paint complete with "patina" that is true to the bikes age, others like to renew the paint and have a fresh looking retro bike.
I have done both methods, and it very much depends on the frame and your opinion of it.
Remember that paint can be expensive, powdercoat is cheaper but your options with regards to colour(s) may be more limited.
Decals can be found at www.thecycleshed.co.uk, he's also a member on here, so he knows his onions ;)

Lucky for you Cannondale are not the most sought after on here!
Gil_M can has a lot of decals for the old bikes.

Hi 24pouces,

I'm actually working on a DeltaV1000, if I'm correct it's the first Cannondale with full suspension.
I'm looking for the Delta V1000 stickers, and if I can find stickers for the rear swingram it could be good too.
I prefer to keep the original paint, because the quality is very good on Cannondale's and it's part of the previous life of the bike. But sometimes the bike lived a very hard first life...

The fork was upgraded already from original "type 1" to "DD/RDC".
Many others parts were changed too.

Some pictures of the bike when I bought her.
And the last one, where I'm.

Attachments

• WP_20141019_001.jpg
    WP_20141019_001.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20141019_009.jpg
    WP_20141019_009.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20141019_011.jpg
    WP_20141019_011.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20141110_001.jpg
    WP_20141110_001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 377
DAMN.
I sold my beloved Orange Clockwork to a French chap. I can now strike 4 of them off the list
My never ending hunt continues..................... :(

Hi there :D Love Cannondale too . Had an M200 many many moons ago. Very stiff ride than i was used to and my youngish legs loved me for it.

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
I'd say that paint is good enough to stay! Yes it may have chips and scratches but its shows it ridden and loved than just a garage warrior :) .

Latest posts

Back