Mystery Brodie

aguycalled80

Retro Guru
There is a similar thread to this already, but I'm hoping some new people or info might know some more about this;

20240525_080334.jpg
I have found a couple of similar bikes. Like this Kinetic;

Screenshot 2024-05-27 4.12.59 PM.png

Mine doesn't have a brace for the disc brake. And mine has a very beefy chain stay setup;

20240525_080453.jpg

This leads me to believe it's a Holeshot. The Maxxis DH tires and Mavic F519 rims also make me think that, but every Holeshot I find pictures of has Easton RAD tubing.

I can't find any catalogs, or even a list of their models from '99 to '01, so any help would be appreciated.

I have an 07 Brodie, when I was trying to determine the details, I reached out to the company. Their records aren't good, but I eventually got in touch with someone who was able to narrow it down based on the decals. I talked to Bruce, contact info at the bottom of the page:

hey, I do have 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2004 catalogs.
Potentially I want to sell them again, therefore I do not want to share yet complete scans, because I want to get at least some of the money I've paid for...

Let me share some selected pics from 2001,
Brodie 2001 36-37.jpg

but I'm also not sure exactly about your bike, because the catalogs do not show good pictures to see the Yoke of each and every model.

There had been a few models for Frames and complete hardtails look like yours, and color was anyhow mostly an option and names/models.
Brodie 2001 64 hardtail alu frames.jpg
So your frame looks like for instance the Rocket from 2001, with CNC yoke, not available for the Spark frame and Kinetic complete bike.

The Holeshot had rather the same frame as the Evolution, with a different welding of the top tube to lower tube connection.

Brodie 2001 44-45.jpg

To me the used components of you bike are rather not original but a custom build.

Last edited:
hey, I do have 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2004 catalogs.
Potentially I want to sell them again, therefore I do not want to share yet complete scans, because I want to get at least some of the money I've paid for...

Let me share some selected pics from 2001,
View attachment 855358

but I'm also not sure exactly about your bike, because the catalogs do not show good pictures to see the Yoke of each and every model.

There had been a few models for Frames and complete hardtails look like yours, and color was anyhow mostly an option and names/models.
View attachment 855361
So your frame looks like for instance the Rocket from 2001, with CNC yoke, not available for the Spark frame and Kinetic complete bike.

The Holeshot had rather the same frame as the Evolution, with a different welding of the top tube to lower tube connection.

View attachment 855364

To me the used components of you bike are rather not original but a custom build.
This is fantastic - thanks!

Pretty clear that it's not an Evolution or Holeshot as it's not RAD tubing. Though it came with the same Titec stem as in that picture.

But the Rocket sure looks like a possibility. I was just too lazy to tear it down to the frame, but maybe I should to weigh it.

I discovered that it used to be yellow - just like that Spark - but if custom colours, then that doesn't mean much. Plus it doesn't seem to have the CNC yoke.

20240601_163445.jpg

And the one thing I can't find on any other Brodie, is this bolted-on Cable stop for the front derailleur.

Messenger_creation_f5f0cf84-0103-418d-8539-ede4a0380603.jpg

Back