Mystery and Unidentified Parts

Chainset off an old Carrera Waikaloa.. Google lens can't seem to identify it.. any ideas what this is please?
20240628_120816.jpg

Attachments

• 20240628_120822.jpg
    20240628_120822.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 5
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's a Tracer crankset, they seem to use similar names to others. Using the Allez model name here, think I've seen a DuraAce sounding one too.
The BiOval SG is a take on Shimano BioPace-II

Other than that, no idea on history, who actually made them nor the origin.

Hi.

Apologies for these not being retro but it's driving me mad trying to find out who makes them.
Haven't seen the logo before and keep getting 'croix de fer' stuck in my head as they're steel and it could be a black cross...but no.
Looks to be for touring with the pannier bosses, 100mm spacing, axle to crown is 400mm.

Very grateful to anyone who can put my mind at rest eventually. 🤓

20240808_141325.jpg

Anyone recognize these pulley/jockey wheels? Stamped "Japan 607V" , very sharp pronounced teeth, appear to be quality

Attachments

• IMG_4794.JPG
    IMG_4794.JPG
    442.2 KB · Views: 27
The teeth are worn, that's why they are sharp - and the japan607V is the cartridge bearing identifier.
Looks like aluminium?
You can still buy these, maybe they are lighter or harder wearing than plastic, but I don't think it's much different.
Prone to being a bit noisier.

picked up a gt rts 3 to use the rear triangle for my rts and found this little dude on the rocker link. which one of the millions of 90s machine shops made this little part and does it change kinematics like cascade links do today?

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back