My Pollard / Holdsworth - better pics page 3

Re: My Pollard

Lovely machine.

I like the look of the stitched leather handlebars, was it a pig of a job?

Re: My Pollard

isbfan":125ass0t said:
Lovely machine.
I like the look of the stitched leather handlebars, was it a pig of a job?

No not really, just time consuming and a little fiddly. You can get the kits off eBay. First set I bought the leather ripped while stitching - hugely frustrating - but seller responded by sending replacement kit immediately. Had to watch a youTube vid to learn the cross-stitching thing though.

Re: My Pollard / Holdsworth - Better Pics

Took my Holdsworth/Pollard for a photo session in Ravenscourt Park yesterday and here are some nicer pics. For the record, regarding its pedigree - the original owner says he had it put together by Pollard to his own spec, but with a frame supplied to them by Holdsworth (which I'm told wasn't unusual) and had the frame refurbished by Pollard a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike19.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike19.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 618
  • Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike12.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike12.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 618
  • Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike14.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike14.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 617
  • Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike17.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike17.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 616
  • Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike18.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike18.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 616
  • Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike16.JPG
    Pollard-Holdsworth Road Bike16.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 616
Re:

That looks very neat to me, whatever its provenance.
'Holdsworth' made some fine frames well after the original company got taken over.
The Pollard connections just make it better IMO.

Just finished getting this Pollard back on the road , complete with 4 digit frame number stamped into the seat clamp area so looks genuine Pollard to me , dating it from the 50's i think

Attachments

• 13557661_1099336113471886_7080700290012916296_n.jpg
    13557661_1099336113471886_7080700290012916296_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 441
  • bluepoll5.jpg
    bluepoll5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 443
Re:

Hi guys, this is my first post, my name is Ian I am retired now but a keen road cyclist and I live in Sandhurst Berkshire.
Some years ago I was fortunate to come across a 1980's Dawes Jaguar built by W&E Pollard of Coventry. It has a lovely plum red coloured Reynolds 531 frame and 52:42 Solida crankset. Unfortunately however it is slightly large for me and measures 58 cm along the top tube (centre of headstock to centre of seat post) and 56 cm down the seat post to the centre of the bottom bracket. My steel Genesis for example is a 52 frame.
Now, I have some options and am seeking guidance / superior knowledge.
1. Leave it in the garage and look at it
2. Ride it as it is which I can do but is not ideal.
3. Sell it, which I don't really want to do
4. Have the frame adjusted in size
Option 4 would be my preference but I am unsure as to whether this is feasible or in fact where to start.
Thanks Ian

Re:

Sendgridover":3soyu9iw said:
Hi guys, this is my first post, my name is Ian I am retired now but a keen road cyclist and I live in Sandhurst Berkshire.
Some years ago I was fortunate to come across a 1980's Dawes Jaguar built by W&E Pollard of Coventry. It has a lovely plum red coloured Reynolds 531 frame and 52:42 Solida crankset. Unfortunately however it is slightly large for me and measures 58 cm along the top tube (centre of headstock to centre of seat post) and 56 cm down the seat post to the centre of the bottom bracket. My steel Genesis for example is a 52 frame.
Now, I have some options and am seeking guidance / superior knowledge.
1. Leave it in the garage and look at it
2. Ride it as it is which I can do but is not ideal.
3. Sell it, which I don't really want to do
4. Have the frame adjusted in size
Option 4 would be my preference but I am unsure as to whether this is feasible or in fact where to start.
Thanks Ian

Morning

do you have any pictures ?

my choice would be to ride as is if poss , if it is way too big or small then sell it and let somebody else enjoy it

Re:

At the moment I have got it set up as a single speed and use it for nipping down the shops etc but have done a few local rides. I still have all the original parts in a box, handlebars, shifters, brakes, chainring etc. Clearly I don't want to 'give it away' but have no idea of its value.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 327
Re:

I have added a close up of the original builders.
Just to add also, the current single speed is setup as 70" and that I have fitted a shorter quill stem to reduce the reach slightly but the stand over is a 'little tight' for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 323
Back