my marin xc frs full xt, carbon pace rc36's for sale

pjmcb1

Dirt Disciple
£400 or sensible offers via pm
For sale is my much loved Marin XC FRS, Its a very reluctant sale but I'm moving onto bigger and better things so unfortunately it has to go!
The frame is a 2000 model in graphite grey and is in good condition for its age, definitely no cracks or dents, a few scuffs and scrapes but nothing you wouldn't expect to see on a used bike! The rear shock is a fox float vanilla R which has given years of faultless service, however recently it started losing air over the course of a ride, it turned out to be a small hairline crack in the shock "can". I took it apart and used PTFE tape around the thread on the body of the shock and put some sealant around the crack, since then it has lost zero air, and its been around sherwood pines and rides great I could of got away without mentioning it but I'm just trying to be honest as its a cracking bike to ride, the design was years ahead of it's time and still looks undated now, hopefully someone will get as much pleasure out of it as I've had.
The forks are carbon Pace RC36's which are light, stiff and compliment the rear shock perfectly and are in great condition.It has Shimano's full XT groupset on it, from the crank, gears and shifters which give clean, crisp, precise shifts all day long to the powerful V Brakes and even right down to hubs, QR skewers and SPD pedals. The XT hubs are mated to Mavic 517 X SUP rims via DT Swiss spokes and are shod with 2.1 Panaracer cinder tyres which have loads of life left in them. Other components include X-Lite riser bars and a Kore stem. the frame is 17 inch im 5ft 10 and does me perfectly.
I think thats about it, this bike cost nearly £2k new and like I said is still a fantastic ride today, hopefully it''ll go to a good home!
i will include a spare vanilla r rear shock also that is in full working order bought to replace the 1 on but just havnt fitted it yet
i may break the bike and sell seperate if i dont get much interest cheers guys
im selling due to wanted to clear space but would love an old school specialized sworks m hardtail in red frame or complete bike so poss swap px could be on the cards
BsftSEEWkKGrHqUH-CsEvESsE60iBL4F-L5.jpg

Bsfu94gCWkKGrHqQH-DIEvB95U86KBL4GCq.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
:cry:

Well tidied it up and took it out albeit with a knackered shock that doesn't hold air :(

Hope we can get this sorted :roll:

Chris.

Back