My Lemond

Delta brakes fitted with new cables and bar tape. I now remember how tricky they were to fit from years ago. Still they look superb and are NOS so unmarked. I wish Campagnolo would bring a new model out in the same design. I'm chuffed to bits..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,268
Yes thankyou,just the best in my opinion. Still no joy with the caps for my Cosmics. Engineering company wanted a small fortune in the end which I can't justify. Still looking for some.

Well, been out several times with the Delta brakes and can honestly say they are just as I remembered, great feel and power but have to be used differently to my dual pivot record calipers. The stopping power increases as more force is applied so initial feel is strange until your head gets in tune with the brake. As my bike is constantly updated just as the great man did with his bikes in the 80's I'm going to change the wheels. Mavic are so poor with support I'm going to change to Campagnolo. Watch this space..

my campagnolo freehub inner bearing(s?) shat itself on my 9 speed Ventos and replacement parts are equally unobtainable I guarantee !

Attachments

• 354.jpg
    354.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 1,166
  • original (2).jpg
    original (2).jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,166
After 22 years as my only bike,my Lemond is about to be joined by 2 new bikes. The first next week is my first winter bike. A Bianchi Nirone, it's a lovely looking bike for £1000 and once fitted with lights will see me through the winter. The second is taking a bit longer,I've been buying components over the past year and once finished will be a tour spec carbon bike which hopefully last as long as the Lemond. Still going to keep it tip top condition as it really is part of the family.

Re:

First Bianchi and winter bike. Lemond now getting put away for a while.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,089
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,089
Re:

Tour of Yorkshire. My Lemond will be out for the Middlesbrough stage. Will be nice to see some retro bikes there.

Latest posts

Back