My latest wooden creation.

So Buckingham Pallet has moved along a bit. I was going for a sharp Scandi-style summerhouse but the cobbling together is getting more rustic as I go. I'm going to the "style" shediaeval.View attachment 889611View attachment 889612
Loving the juxtaposition of Festool & Paslode vs. old pallets. Love upcycled/reused/repurposed/free materials/builds. Looking to try and build a garden shed with as much repurposed stuff as possible! Good to see good tools put to use! 👌 💪

An amazing creation @videojetman . I wish I had a few of those skills. Like @wynne , a lot of my stuff starts as pallets. Buckingham Pallet just made me choke on my beer! Anyhow, don’t tell him as it is a surprise. Here’s a trophy I have made for my son who scored his first “5 For” a few weeks ago.

View attachment 869613

The base is made from the blocks in pallets. Does anyone know what type of wood this is? Light and dark in the same piece. It is a hardwood of some sort. The stacked pieces in the background are from the same pallet.
It I'll be heartwood of something like lime (basswood) or cheery. It's in a pallet because its not single colour so not wanted by furniture makers as it doesn't go woth current fashion.

Here's my latest creation. Not a lot of wood work in it I'm afraid. All reclaimed though, started as conduit, random bits of steel and a worktop.
20240925_191904.jpg

Loving the juxtaposition of Festool & Paslode vs. old pallets. Love upcycled/reused/repurposed/free materials/builds. Looking to try and build a garden shed with as much repurposed stuff as possible! Good to see good tools put to use! 👌 💪
Thank you. You can't beat good quality tools. Most of these are 15-20 years old and still going strong. I built this with a hammer, pliers, handsaw, festool plunge saw, impact driver and paslode pinner. I gave my chop saw to a friend. I prefer a decent hand saw these days.
Everything except a few pieces of 4x2 for the roof timbers and door frame and some Spax screws and Paslode pins has been salvaged/scavenged. It's very satisfying.

Back