My first Klein!

tyrdle

Retro Newbie
I picked up my first Klein tonight... came absolutely decked out in Ringle and other anodized turquoise parts. The previous owner worked in junk hauling and said that he had found it in a trash pile. Photo shows exactly how I got it. 20240920_203548.jpg
Parts list, that I know of so far:
Stem: Ringlé Zooka (cracked faceplate)
Seatpost: Ringlé Moby with Ringlé Cam Twist clamp lever
Bottle cages: Ringlé H2O
Hubs: Ringlé Super Bubba & Super Eight w/ Ringlé skewers of course
Rims: Mavic 117 SUP with blue ano aluminum nipples
Brakes: Critical Racing w/ original Ti bolts and Critical cable straddles, also Scott Mathauser brake pads
Cranks: Grafton Joystix
Derailleurs: XTR M900 (blue anodized jockey wheels in the rear)
Fork: Answer Manitou Three (in need of elastomers, luckily I did this for the first time recently on a different bike).
Bars: Answer Hyperlite (turned upside down, is this normal?)
Levers: Dia Compe SS-7
20240920_214151.jpg 20240920_214131.jpg
So far, all I have done is remove the rusty chain, the old green Avocet bike computer, and remove the stickers on the top tube (this may have been a mistake, as the paint underneath the stickers has not faded like the rest of the paint). However, I don't mind the area of vibrant paint as much as I did the stickers. I am regretting selling a set of XTR M900 shifter pods that I had last year, as I would definitely prefer them to the grip shifters. This bike is going to need everything gone over thoroughly, and I'm excited to get into it. Definitely going to order an Improvepart faceplate for the stem asap.
20240921_013509.jpg

Attachments

• 20240920_203506.jpg
    20240920_203506.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 3
Very nice.

A lot of people choose to run the bars with the logos facing them, same as the front hub, personally I prefer them all to face forward.

Back