MTB Frame - Leeds

blacktights

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I am looking for a mtb frame. Condition isn't particulary an issue, as I intend to respray or have it stripped and powder coated.

I certainly aren't no authority on mtb's, but I more or less know what I am looking for,but suggestions are always acknowledged and appreciated.

Like I say, condition not an issue, so long as structurally sound. I prefer the look of 'slimmer' frames, rather than the large 'boxy' tubed frames.

Ideally lightsweight, 18'' - 20'', 1 1/8 steerer, V brake mounts.

I have to be honest, I aren't looking to pay a lot for a frame, probably absolute maximum I want to go on this would be £60 - £70, but obviously , it depends on what is offerered and condition, it's more just a project than a mission to have the greatest mtb in the world.

It'll be a total rebuild, based on my available budget and available parts from my existing mtb. I've accumulated most parts via various sources and am now lacking a 27.2 seatpost, a reasonable saddle and a decent pair of 26'' wheels, and of course a decent frame.

I have had some great offers previously on here, some really nice desirable frames,from some really helpful chaps, but have found that the frames I have had offered are probably out of my league.

If you had registered a couple of weeks earlier, I had a couple of frames at my parents house in Leeds. I gave away to a fellow retrobiker on here. One of which was a 19" steel Marin bear valley, in need of a respray and sounds like it would of suited you.

Sorry :oops: good luck with the search.

right then me old cocker! '89 Marin Palisades trail 19" in Grey/flouesent yellow forks stem and bars £20 + postage of about £8 or I have a load of Cannondales which I've preped for painting so they're stripped back to the bare metal, and I have a 1995 M2000 ready for spraying which ticks all the boxes 1 1/8" ahead very very light rigid pepperoni fork £80 + postage.

If you're going to put all the effort in to spray and build it the M2000 will make it worth the effort.

Staf.

a have a gt backwoods c
comes with cranks bottom bracket v brake seatclamp an post £50 collected its 18"
i m in leeds

Frame

Cheers Dan, thanks. I suspect that the GT frame might just be a little on the small side for me personally, my existing pile of crap frame,,, erm I mean, my existing lovely frame, thats on my lovely bike, that my mrs got me is 19 inch, and its okay, but only just, I think anything smaller wouldn't be for me, thanks again though Dan, all the best.

i have a marin rollin chassis you can have for free if you can pick it up,im only 40ish minutes away near scunthorpe,think the link below still works :D

Back