Mountain biking vs. road biking - physiological differences etc.

......just come back from the petrol station. Luckily there was some still left even though most refineries are on strike. Without further a do then:

Mountain bikers have a very poor attention span, any notion of cycling in a group is beyond them and the understanding of race tactics is nil. :p

* Remember very well that Danny Heart run. Was incredibly epic, a superb display of bike handling in manky conditions. 800% admiration and joy to watch a pro at the top of their game deliver in style.

🤔 Does @tintin40 , @grey-beard and @rwm1962 have any opinions about track racing? Or is that plain vanilla too?

......just come back from the petrol station. Luckily there was some still left even though most refineries are on strike. Without further a do then:

Mountain bikers have a very poor attention span, any notion of cycling in a group is beyond them and the understanding of race tactics is nil. :p

* Remember very well that Danny Heart run. Was incredibly epic, a superb display of bike handling in manky conditions. 800% admiration and joy to watch a pro at the top of their game deliver in style.

🤔 Does @tintin40 , @grey-beard and @rwm1962 have any opinions about track racing? Or is that plain vanilla too?
Make that three jerry cans.. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Road, ride to somewhere nice, have a brew, ride home.

Mtb, drive to somewhere nice, ride round the bit of woods out back, have a red bull then drive home.

😁

I reckons we might be swaying this young person's results for his final year thesis here folks.

Physiological difference. Yes. Ergonomic principles are at play with differences in body position throughout.

Do you mean going round and round in circles, really slowly until the very end and then going fast? What is that all about?

Poor attention span! How very dare ... What were we talking about?

Seriously though, going back to my very earliest memories of mountain biking, it was racing, if you could call it that, around 1990? and what I enjoyed most about it was that it wasn't being taken too seriously, it was fun and I've always kept that same attitude. Road cycling never seemed fun to me, sorry.

Back