MOTOR CHAT

Re:

Same here clubby, can get any bike in the gt with wheel and pedal off.

Have a look at rhino bootliners or duffbags fir keeping the boot clean.

Re:

Up at the landrover centre at Dunkeld for an afternoon off-roading in one of their evoques. Headed up into the Atholl estates and round some of the Bawbags tracks. Had to take some of the ruts and rocks gingerly but the car was pretty amazing. Considering it was on road tyres, traction was stunning especially down steep descents in hill mode. Had some time left at the end and got to go into the playground behind the Hilton where the defender and discoveries get to play. Had some great fun on the steep and on the side slope. Could hear the chassis and diffs creaking when balancing on two wheels ( front left, right rear). Dissppointed not to go wading in the swamp but it was still frozen.
I know I'll never drive mine over half of what I did, but it's good to get an idea of what it could do. Not bad for a hairdresser's car.

Re:

Its only taken me 19 years since passing my motorcycle test but I've finally bought something with more than one cyclinder in excess of 250cc but it is suitably retro.

By Saturday all things going well a 1985 Yamaha XJ600 enters my life. Its one of the, in my eyes, much more attractive XJ's from before the Diversion came into being. Cosmetically a wee bit scruffy but pretty low mileage for a 30 year old bike at just over 35000 miles. Previous owner has done some restoration work and I get some spares he's sourced. Still got 7 months MOT and new tyres. Not bad for £595 and as I'm finally into codger territory, cheap insurance :D

Tried to extract a picture off the net to give you guys an idea but works PC seems to be stopping that. If you look it up yourself its the dark grey with red and blue then mainly white fairing. It has a four into one exhaust on mine instead of the 4 into 2 original but they're a rare find these days so Ill stick with the 4 into one pipe.

Nice. Love some of these cafe racer conversions, the old XJ600 lends itself to that pretty well. Get some pics up when you get it. Did you ever sell the scoot?

Bought a Honda Jazz today to replace my wife's written off Civic. Hard to get too excited about buying a Jazz - reasonable deal on the price, picking it up on Friday.

jazz-tastic.jpg

Back